Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Registered
2022 gt2
812 Posts
Tire pressure is fine. I don't know about the air filter. The car is only a couple months old but we are in smoky California.
I never turn the A/c off, and when I first got the car I was looking forward to stopping at red lights...

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,641 Posts
I'm hoping things improve a little bit more once we can swap out of the stock tires,
Stock tires on the DCT cars are pretty eco focused. What you’re seeing is about in line with EPA estimates

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,641 Posts
How many miles are you driving daily? My commute is really short so I only average 31.4 at the moment. But when I have a longer drive. I see the MPG in the 43ish range.
GT Line will get far better mileage than a GT.
Maybe about 20-25 depending how ambitious I'm feeling about running errands. All city driving, 90% stop and go.
That'll do it. Even my FE only gets like 30 around town.

· Registered
2019 Kia Cerato/Forte GT Hatch
126 Posts
GT Line will get far better mileage than a GT.
whut? That's not how that works - in this comparison it's more dependent on how the vehicle is being driven and the conditions it's being driven in. I live in a vey hilly area and regularly see 30+ mpg driving around the suburbs, and see around 43mpg on the highway.

I've also had the australian-equivalent of the GT-Line (same engine/trim levels) for about 2 weeks driving the same roads in similar conditions and its fuel consumption was around 25mpg in the suburbs and 37ish on the highway

If you drive the GT reasonably sedately it's inherently more efficient (leave it in comfort mode, don't nail it away from a stop, etc). If you start blasting away from traffic lights etc then sure, the GT-Line will get better mileage for the simple reason that it physically can't use as much fuel.

· Registered
2022 gt2
812 Posts
whut? That's not how that works - in this comparison it's more dependent on how the vehicle is being driven and the conditions it's being driven in. I live in a vey hilly area and regularly see 30+ mpg driving around the suburbs, and see around 43mpg on the highway.

I've also had the australian-equivalent of the GT-Line (same engine/trim levels) for about 2 weeks driving the same roads in similar conditions and its fuel consumption was around 25mpg in the suburbs and 37ish on the highway

If you drive the GT reasonably sedately it's inherently more efficient (leave it in comfort mode, don't nail it away from a stop, etc). If you start blasting away from traffic lights etc then sure, the GT-Line will get better mileage for the simple reason that it physically can't use as much fuel.
But the GT-line will get better mileage than a GT ... I think it’s a hard comparison.

· Registered
126 Posts
But the GT-line will get better mileage than a GT ... I think it’s a hard comparison.
It's a situational comparison. An EPA-issued fuel consumption for X vehicle is based on very specific testing scenarios. Real-world conditions are usually somewhat different

A forced-induction engine inherently has a far higher efficiency than a naturally aspirated engine - but as to whether that translates in to fuel savings is 100% dependent on how the vehicle is being driven and where the vehicle is being driven

My point is that just-because-it's-a-GT-Line does not mean it will always be more fuel efficient

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,641 Posts
It's a situational comparison. An EPA-issued fuel consumption for X vehicle is based on very specific testing scenarios. Real-world conditions are usually somewhat different

A forced-induction engine inherently has a far higher efficiency than a naturally aspirated engine - but as to whether that translates in to fuel savings is 100% dependent on how the vehicle is being driven and where the vehicle is being driven

My point is that just-because-it's-a-GT-Line does not mean it will always be more fuel efficient
All being the same, the GT Line (and other 2.0 NA cars) will get better mileage. EPA scores (and real world driving) will prove that. Anyone getting 54 MPG in their GT? How about 42 at a consistent 85 MPH? Didn't think so.

· Registered
126 Posts
All being the same, the GT Line (and other 2.0 NA cars) will get better mileage. EPA scores (and real world driving) will prove that. Anyone getting 54 MPG in their GT? How about 42 at a consistent 85 MPH? Didn't think so.
And yet in a different set of real-world driving circumstances the GT is more fuel efficient, and it was all being the same. Like I said multiple times it's completely situational - in the situations you mentioned the GT-Line is more efficient. In the ones I mentioned the GT is more efficient. Different situations, different outcomes.

· Registered
2022 gt2
812 Posts
And yet in a different set of real-world driving circumstances the GT is more fuel efficient, and it was all being the same. Like I said multiple times it's completely situational - in the situations you mentioned the GT-Line is more efficient. In the ones I mentioned the GT is more efficient. Different situations, different outcomes.
Ok I kinda get it. Im thinking more apples and oranges.. but wouldn’t that be like saying a 500 cubic inch mud truck that gets 2 miles per gallon is more efficient than both if the 3 are trying to get across mud? Because the mud truck will be able to do it in one shot vs the forte that might take hours if at all??

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,641 Posts
I guess I sort of understand. Maybe in that specific use case it turns out that way. However, if you average everything out over all types of use cases and terrain, the 2.0 comes out on top every time.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts