Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good question. Are you thinking of swapping an SX controller for your EX one? If it works, I'm sure we'd all like to know. lol. I'm too cheap to try it for myself. hahaha.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The MPG meter is in the dash, right? I was thinkin the clusters would probly be a direct swap and wondered if the wiring and such was already there or not.

It's been my experience with a lot of other makes that they put in a universal harness and then just plug in the options that come with the trim levels leaving the un-used plugs and frequently adding factory options are plug and play...

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,906 Posts
As long as the sensors needed to make it work are all there...you might want to take a look on the Kia Global tech site and review the wiring schematics to see if you can find what the differences are between the EX and SX. Otherwise it could be an expensive attempt if you were to buy a cluster, install it, and then find out it doesn't work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.