Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats been some of your experiences with mpg after putting on a magnaflow exhaust? I want to put a magnaflow # 11225 on my sx koup but i want to find out about how many miles a gallon i can get with this exhaust on, before i actually put it on.

·
Registered
407 Posts
it probably wont make much of a difference if you dont change your driving, but you may lose a few because you will be a little heavier on the gas just to hear it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Whats been some of your experiences with mpg after putting on a magnaflow exhaust? I want to put a magnaflow # 11225 on my sx koup but i want to find out about how many miles a gallon i can get with this exhaust on, before i actually put it on.
A couple of months back, I installed a Magnaflow muffler #11225 on my koup sx... I noticed a gain of 3-4 mpg on the highway!! My highest gas mileage on the highway has reached 39.4! I double checked the car's calculation with my manual calculation and they matched....:):)

·
Registered
42 Posts
haha i was at about 32 best on highway, then put my magnaflow on. and now i can get above 26 for some reason... koup sx 6 spd

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
ya my gas mileage b4 my muffler from magnaflow was about 32 mpg and now im getting like 25-28. mostly because im running a tad harder too lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Can Someone please post some vids of a koup with 11225?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all your replies guys. i was also wondering if clamping the muffler was easier or better than welding it. my koup is a lease so would it be easier to put the stock exhaust back on after the lease up with a clamped magnaflow instead?

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
either way, you're cutting your stock one off and then you'll have to re-weld your stock one back on so i dont see any difference

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm getting close to 29 doing city driving with the Magnaflow muffler w/ tips and TK CAI. I don't do very much highway driving, so I'm no help there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts