1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
Now that wouldnt be such a bad idea. Shhooott i will try anything to get back at that damn Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad truck that dusted me on 3rd gear. Sorry fellas I let you guys down.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes sir i am trying to get the coil blaster also still diggin up more info

·
Registered
708 Posts
hmm honestly arent you guys coil on plug? if you are I dont think you can use an aftermarket distributer/ ignition

but i cant be sure honestly.. i know you cant on my motor

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm honestly arent you guys coil on plug? if you are I dont think you can use an aftermarket distributer/ ignition

but i cant be sure honestly.. i know you cant on my motor
any one with more knowledge about this product can answer this ? more details thanks

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,879 Posts
Crock...our engines are coil on plug...and the ignition system is controlled by the ECM. No distributor, and no spark plug wires. Advanced Auto Parts doesn't have any performance products for our cars (Yet?). You might as well go to JEGS or SUMMIT Racing and look at all the performance goodies you CAN'T use on your forte...LoL

·
Registered
22 Posts
Even when aftermarket coils come out for these engines don't waste your money on them. You'll gain almost nothing and spend alot of money in the process. Ignition systems on modern engines are hard to improve on.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Even when aftermarket coils come out for these engines don't waste your money on them. You'll gain almost nothing and spend alot of money in the process. Ignition systems on modern engines are hard to improve on.
+1....The forte is not a race car!!! Crank pulleys, ignition coils, better spark plugs! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE. HP = Fuel + Air. Thats the only way to get HP. Headers, intake and exhaust are the best thing you can do on an NA car to get HP. Anything else you are wasting your money or will blow up your engine. NA motors arent made for turbos or superchargers. The compression is way different....higher!

·
Registered
973 Posts
au contraire, you can turbo nearly any na motor with the right tune and common sense
true, optimum power is made from low compression and high boost, but you can find a middle ground with a high compression engine and lower boost
Celica GTS compression is 11:1, even higher than ours, but add 5-8psi to that and there's a former NA car making 300+ with the right tune, easily.
Just because you have a factory NA car doesn't mean it has to stay that way, there are people turboing just about everything NA out there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
au contraire, you can turbo nearly any motor with the right tune and common sense
true, optimum power is made from low compression and high boost, but you can find a middle ground with a high compression engine and lower boost
Celica GTS compression is 11:1, even higher than ours, but add 5-8psi to that and there's a former NA car making 300+ with the right tune, easily.
Just because you have a factory NA car doesn't mean it has to stay that way, there are people turboing just about everything NA out there.
Yea, and blowing pistons and rings! If you want a turbo car...Buy a turbo car!!! For the money you spend on making an NA car turbo you could just get a car with a motor made for it.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Much funner and unique making a car turbo, then everyone else doesn't have one. Haven't seen any turbo'ed car that look as good as the Forte Koup and under 25k

·
Registered
708 Posts
Yea, and blowing pistons and rings! If you want a turbo car...Buy a turbo car!!! For the money you spend on making an NA car turbo you could just get a car with a motor made for it.
with all due respect.. STFU..dude seriously? everything you said totally goes against the whole principle of tuning cars lol yes you CAN blow pistons and rings but you can also not...

·
Registered
973 Posts
the betaII engines newish spectras use have been PROVEN to take 300+ whp with completely stock internals
Being a subaru elitist doesn't excuse statements like that. And 3500 for a complete turbo kit, including engine management, definitely isn't the same as spending 37k on an sti, or even 22k on a genesis

·
Registered
117 Posts
the betaII engines newish spectras use have been PROVEN to take 300+ whp with completely stock internals
Being a subaru elitist doesn't excuse statements like that. And 3500 for a complete turbo kit, including engine management, definitely isn't the same as spending 37k on an sti, or even 22k on a genesis
And what! Last 500 miles before it blows up!

·
Registered
973 Posts
And what! Last 500 miles before it blows up!
thats 300+ safely

just because its korean and not japanese doesn't mean its a piece of shit
the build quality in korean parts has bettered exponentially over the years

http://www.streetkiaz.com/streetkiazx/uploads/photos/16521.jpg
this is the beta II N/A with cams, a 4-1 header and a tune. 156 whp, from about 100 (didn't have time to find the beta II I was looking at earlier)

theta 2.0 engine is the same (with different internals) as an evo X, stronger internals can be bought
now argue an evo X is gonna blow up with a little bit of boost.

·
Registered
117 Posts
thats 300+ safely

just because its korean and not japanese doesn't mean its a piece of shit
the build quality in korean parts has bettered exponentially over the years

http://www.streetkiaz.com/streetkiazx/uploads/photos/16521.jpg
this is the beta II N/A with cams, a 4-1 header and a tune. 156 whp, from about 100 (didn't have time to find the beta II I was looking at earlier)

theta 2.0 engine is the same (with different internals) as an evo X, stronger internals can be bought
now argue an evo X is gonna blow up with a little bit of boost.
Sry man! Im just not seein 300 + hp safely! Its not gonna happen. That motor was not made to produce that much HEAT! And your sayin that the 4B11T(evo x motor) is the beta II??

·
Registered
973 Posts
Sry man! Im just not seein 300 + hp safely! Its not gonna happen. That motor was not made to produce that much HEAT! And your sayin that the 4B11T(evo x motor) is the beta II??
not beta, the theta engine, sorry for the mixup lol
I said the beta II piece because the theta is supposed to be an even better build quality than the beta series, and beta's can handle over a bar of boost with stock internals, supposed to be almost bulletproof lol
4b11, theta II, and some chrysler engine were all made in a joint venture between kia, mitsu, and chrysler
granted, 4b11t does have the "t" and slightly diff internals and diff compression, but it is the same block

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok so I was wrong on the whole mad thing I didn't even take a good look at wat I have just went by wat advance had lol so anyone made internals yet?

·
Registered
708 Posts
dude you n eed to get off the high horse.. there are alot of cars that have came NA and can be taken high safetly

hell the engine in my car can take 400 whp stock engine with just valve springs

1 - 20 of 36 Posts