Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to get mud flaps for my car and I found two different sets on ebay. One set is $63 bucks and are coming straight from a kia dealer. The other set I found is $30 and comes from hong kong..Has anyone purchased the cheaper set from ebay and do you have to do any drilling or do they match up to the factory holes? It says some drilling may be required so idk I dont want to drill into my car.

Mud Flap Splash Guards suit for 10on Kia Forte (Cerato) - eBay (item 220722570272 end time Apr-09-11 09:28:57 PDT)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey thanks for the replay! Deff going to order mine this week then..do they help a lot with the dirt spraying on the side of the car? I hate giving my baby a bath only to drive two miles and the sides be covered again lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No. All i did was take 3 screws out of each corner, line guard holes up to screw holes and put screws right back in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the mud flaps on the back the holes lined right up 3 screws out, put them on three screws back in..the front tho not all the holes line up..i was able to using the existing screw for the top hole on the flap but the second hole did not line up..its just plastic that your screwing into so its not a big deal..there is no drilling into metal at all

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
For the mud flaps on the back the holes lined right up 3 screws out, put them on three screws back in..the front tho not all the holes line up..i was able to using the existing screw for the top hole on the flap but the second hole did not line up..its just plastic that your screwing into so its not a big deal..there is no drilling into metal at all
That's odd. Mine had 2 sets of holes for the bottom screw. one lined up and one did not. I assumed the one that did not was for use on another vehicle. I had a screw hole for each screw taken out. i didn't have to make any new holes for anything.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you have a little gap between the rear mudflaps and the car..I have a little gap I mean its not bad but is noticeable..and the screws lined up on the rear ones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts