Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its because I put them on right before winter, but am I the only one who feels like their car gets dirtier with mud guards on than without them?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I couldn't tell ya. I just put mine on a couple days ago.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I've been thinking about mud flaps on mine. Anyone have before and after pics?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it's just because I didn't have much bad weather prior to putting them on. I just feel like I get MORE spray on the side of my car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been looking foward to get a set because in that side of my car gets really really dirty. Im sure it's the weather.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
splash guards make the koup look better. imo.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Maybe its because I put them on right before winter, but am I the only one who feels like their car gets dirtier with mud guards on than without them?
Looks like you're the only one. :p

I have them and not only do they make the car look better, they definitely keep it a little cleaner.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Dirty water gets everywhere and not much will cure that. Yes, they do help and also keeps pea gravel from F'ing up your paint. I love the way they looks on my white sedan.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was just comming to ask to about mud flaps. This car is a basket case with wheel spray in regards to how much gets tossed from the front wheels to the side of the car.

You get in some snow and you see a 30' tail of snow off the rear tires.

So where do we buy a decent of flaps? I would prefer a no drill option if one exist.

Thanks

Jay

·
Registered
217 Posts
Jay, these are a "no-drill" option. The pattern is already there. You just screw these on. Takes about 20 minutes and a beer for all four :).

·
Registered
121 Posts
has anyone seen any larger aftermarket mudflaps?? i recently put on new rims that sit wide and cuz of this i get allooottt of wheel spray... thoughts anyone??

·
Registered
145 Posts
my car had them when I bought it from the dealer part of an appearance package and I swear they don't do $hit! I would skip them. They will fade in a few years and a be a fugly color of gray and I will probably just take them off.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I think the five-door has a unique rear mudguard. The front is common with the sedan. The Kia part numbers for the five-door are:

Front mudguards: P8460 1M000
Rear mudguards: 1MF46 AC500

·
Registered
88 Posts
These are the onesI have on my Koup. Front and rear.

A lot of people ( here ) say it makes the Kia look "mean"

The color is off, and its a cell phone pic. I can take bette rones if people request.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts