Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I’ve only done a muffler delete on my 2021 GT Line. I like the sound, but I want some crackle & pops. This is the first car I’ve actually started modding for real and I was wondering if anyone has done a muffle & resonator delete on the 3rd gen that’s not a GT and what it sounds like?

Would I be able to achieve the crackle and pops with exhaust mods or do I need a turbo like the GT line?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Turbo for the pops, grumbles, gurgles & 2 steps.

4 cylinder engines rarely ever sound actually nice with simple cat, resonator & muffler deletes. They always sound like angry bucket of bees, a weed whacker or the typical sh*tbox glass packed Honda.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I'd still like to make my 2010 SX 2.4L 6MT pop, crackle & 2step. Can't do that without a turbo set up.

Don't know if a simple straight pipe would work other than sound like a bucket of angry bees/glass packed fart can Honda.

My friend I bought my koup from has a decent nice sounding exhaust. Doesn't sound like a clapped out rice up angry weed whacker Honda.

Once in a rare while it will gurgle really nicely that I get head turns & double takes when I'm going from 3rd into 2nd down to 1st gear.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
812 Posts
Do you think it would sound deeper and nicer if I completely removed the stock resonator or replaced it with an aftermarket one?
A Magnaflow resonator is probably your best bet for a nice sound.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser
1 - 20 of 20 Posts