Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to adjust the length of time the infotainment system continues to play after the engine is shut off? It "times out" after 2 minutes or so. I like to have music playing while I detail my ride. Any thoughts? :unsure:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Can't program that. Unless you can get a software expert to get in the matrix & alter the timeout/parameters settings.

It's a battery saver.

Don't know if all push start buttons have the metal key ignition positions. Off, ACC & run.

Also don't know if all push start buttons are removable & reveals a key fob/remote slot for manual turn key access should the key remote/fob ever fail.

My 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited has this hidden feature. The push start button can be removed to use the remote as an ignition key should the push start (WCM) & or the key fob/remote fail. Giving the user control over the machine.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Not many Jeep owners know about this feature or even read & or understand the vehicles operational manual.

Check your manual to see if the push start button can be removed & the remote be used as a manual ignition key or visit the local Kia/Hyundai dealership for answers.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the information, I'll check it out. Over the years I've owned about 20 vehicles, never once has playing the radio caused an issue with my batteries so this feature frustrates me. Oh well, I still like my car. I see a small boom box in my future, lol.

·
Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
977 Posts
Reactions: mobileterminaluser

·
Registered
21 Posts
At what point do they become ghettoblasters? I remember calling them that (1985)
Boombox and ghettoblaster were interchangeable and were typically used regionally (urban areas like NYC would call them ghettoblasters whereas suburban areas were more apt to call them boomboxes). But to me, a ghettoblaster was the more advanced version of a boombox. It typically had a 10-band equalizer, large woofers with separate cone tweeter, 2 tape decks, and would look absolutely ridiculous being carried next to your head due to its size. Below is a prime example of what I would consider a ghettoblaster.
Audio equipment Musical instrument accessory Cassette deck Font Circle

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am happy to say that using the accessories did allow me to listen to music with the engine off. About a minute into it, a audible chime and message about the battery happened, then just music afterwards. Don't know if it will chime every so often yet though. Anyway thanks for the suggestion. As for this thread, it has taken on a life of its own, lol. You are some funny folks. Happy driving all!
Thanks again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Meh, I don't even notice it that much when I'm cleaning out my car and have it running. It's less intrusive than when listening to Spotify through either Android Auto or Bluetooth and a text comes in and either plays loudly over the music or completely pauses it and then resumes once the notification is over.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I wouldn’t sweat it!

I do it all the time when I’m washing and detailing my car and I know last time it took me 2 hours or longer because there was some caked on stuff from where my car had to sit under some trees for the weekend.. 😞

Unless the car is on full acc( 2 pushes of the button ) eventually it will turn off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts