Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a list of mods that the forte must have!!! not for looks or horsepower or performance for that matter, for everyday driving. you can add to the list, but dont list anything like rims, or spoilers or exhuast. and this isnt a wish list either people, so dont start yapping how you want a badgless grill or something....

full on suspension upgrade:

ultraracing front strut bar
ultraracing rear strut bar
ultraracing rear sway bar

these 3 are a must have!!! the tightened suspension makes a world of a diffrence. no more body lean when taking a tight turn. the car actually stays straight.

eibach lowering springs

this isnt for looks, the car handles alot better.

TMW performance short shifter, and cable bushings (6 spd M/T only)

trust me, its like driving a totally diffrent car. smoother faster shifts, this part is probably the best mod i have in my car.

if you're wondering about price, all the mods together total about a little of a thousand. i'm not saying go out and buy everything at once. save up, once a month buy a mod, but you'll thank yourself for it.

front and rear strut bars were about :$129-$149
rear sway bar:$229
eibach: $225??
short shifter and bushings: ask TMW

if you dont believe me, ask other memebers about these mods. definitaly worth it!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
CAI should be listed too for everyday driving since it gets rid of the take-off lag (not talking about the TPS lag) and makes driving a bit more peppy.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is more of handling, making it a more road worthy car. And technically, HID's are illegal that's why I didn't list them lol. I'm not putting CAI in!!! Ever!!! Cause im putting turbo in instead lol

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Should have put that in your title then. Must have "handling" mods!!!
You titled it way to generic.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Short shifter isn't part of the suspension though....

I just took off my front strut bar to do the springs, I couldn't wait to put it back on. The front of the car is a mess without it.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
So then question begging to be asked is "What is the topic of this thread"...

Is it a "(K)illed (I)n (A)ction MOD opinion" thread or a consensus thread. Topic Title should read..."Must Have Mods according to "(K)illed (I)n (A)ction", as current topic title is missleading...

Now this is nothing against (K)(I)(A) just wondering. My must have mod was to paint my handles body colour, and I am sure others feel their MOD is a must have as well.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stop picking on me!!!!!! Lol ok ok I screwed up the topic heading... It should be....
Mods that should have been stock!!!

Better? Waiting for approval..... Lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Love the little addition as well "shattered.stars"...hope it does not go to his head though...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I drove a Kia Koup with the Ultra Racing front strut bar, and with my driving style I didn't notice any difference whatsoever. The average driver like myself probably won't notice the upgrades. My daily routine is I back out of the driveway, drive 5 miles to work on a congested avenue at 20 MPH trying to avoid potholes and park my car. After work I go to Walmart, and the highlight of my driving day is looking for a parking spot away from everybody else so I don't get dings in my door. Then I drive home at 20 MPH and park in my driveway. Yawn. Every few months I take a 300 mile trip upstate NY on a nice big highway where the speed limit is 65 MPH. If I go faster I will get a speeding ticket..so I don't go faster. At what point would an average driver really ever get to feel those mods? Not knocking your original post but I really think those mods are for an aggressive driver at the track trying to shave seconds off his best time...that's why I have a Miata <wink>

1 - 20 of 53 Posts