Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a list of mods that the forte must have!!! not for looks or horsepower or performance for that matter, for everyday driving. you can add to the list, but dont list anything like rims, or spoilers or exhuast. and this isnt a wish list either people, so dont start yapping how you want a badgless grill or something....

full on suspension upgrade:

ultraracing front strut bar
ultraracing rear strut bar
ultraracing rear sway bar

these 3 are a must have!!! the tightened suspension makes a world of a diffrence. no more body lean when taking a tight turn. the car actually stays straight.

eibach lowering springs

this isnt for looks, the car handles alot better.

TMW performance short shifter, and cable bushings (6 spd M/T only)

trust me, its like driving a totally diffrent car. smoother faster shifts, this part is probably the best mod i have in my car.

if you're wondering about price, all the mods together total about a little of a thousand. i'm not saying go out and buy everything at once. save up, once a month buy a mod, but you'll thank yourself for it.

front and rear strut bars were about :$129-$149
rear sway bar:$229
eibach: $225??
short shifter and bushings: ask TMW

if you dont believe me, ask other memebers about these mods. definitaly worth it!!

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's actually a stiffer ride so there's less bounce, when hitting a bump. You'd have to hit a major pot hole. Probably one that would bottom out a stock forte.

And no offense taken, all that OT is paying for the turbo kit! :)

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
If I had to pick just 2, id go with the front strut bar, which is an easy istall, and the rear sway bar. The rear is a little more work, you'll have to remove the rear coils which isn't that hard then put the support plates in then just bolt it all together.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
OP...."handling mods"!!!!! There's already posts about slotted rotors. And you don't need cross drilled & slotted. One or the other. They find it's a waste to have both... And if you really want to stop, I'd go with a 4 piston caliper. You got $3k to drop on brakes?

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Will these mods affect my warranty?
The bars are all connected to the frame and solid body panels so there's nothing that's going to break. Hence it won't void any warranty. Just stiffens up your suspension, reduces body roll and flex, and improves handling. Plus a lot of higher priced cars come with strut bars

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.