Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

· Registered
4,044 Posts
I drove a Kia Koup with the Ultra Racing front strut bar, and with my driving style I didn't notice any difference whatsoever. The average driver like myself probably won't notice the upgrades. My daily routine is I back out of the driveway, drive 5 miles to work on a congested avenue at 20 MPH trying to avoid potholes and park my car. After work I go to Walmart, and the highlight of my driving day is looking for a parking spot away from everybody else so I don't get dings in my door. Then I drive home at 20 MPH and park in my driveway. Yawn. Every few months I take a 300 mile trip upstate NY on a nice big highway where the speed limit is 65 MPH. If I go faster I will get a speeding ticket..so I don't go faster. At what point would an average driver really ever get to feel those mods? Not knocking your original post but I really think those mods are for an aggressive driver at the track trying to shave seconds off his best time...that's why I have a Miata <wink>
we've missed you mr. downer.

· Registered
191 Posts

· Registered
444 Posts
^^^^
You should do something about that... I hear that electric shock to the genitals leads to egotistical tendencies and acute grammatical failure.

I fear we may be too late...

In a side note, I plan on getting the strut and sway bars and the short shifter eventually, but I just can't justify the eibachs cause speed bumps and potholes are a B**** already.

· Registered
444 Posts
I'm more worried about bottoming out. I don't particularly want to high-center my car in a wal-mart parking lot or find the mid section of my exhaust trailing behind me like a tail... It's a Kia... not a dog. lol.

It's also hard with all the snow we get here. I quite regularly find myself plowing more snow than the city workers here in Calgary. (No offence K.I.A., I know you do that for a living.)

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's actually a stiffer ride so there's less bounce, when hitting a bump. You'd have to hit a major pot hole. Probably one that would bottom out a stock forte.

And no offense taken, all that OT is paying for the turbo kit! :)

· Registered
191 Posts
This is a list of mods that the forte must have!!! not for looks or horsepower or performance for that matter, for everyday driving. you can add to the list, but dont list anything like rims, or spoilers or exhuast. and this isnt a wish list either people, so dont start yapping how you want a badgless grill or something....

full on suspension upgrade:

ultraracing front strut bar
ultraracing rear strut bar
ultraracing rear sway bar

these 3 are a must have!!! the tightened suspension makes a world of a diffrence. no more body lean when taking a tight turn. the car actually stays straight.

eibach lowering springs

this isnt for looks, the car handles alot better.

TMW performance short shifter, and cable bushings (6 spd M/T only)

trust me, its like driving a totally diffrent car. smoother faster shifts, this part is probably the best mod i have in my car.

if you're wondering about price, all the mods together total about a little of a thousand. i'm not saying go out and buy everything at once. save up, once a month buy a mod, but you'll thank yourself for it.

front and rear strut bars were about :$129-$149
rear sway bar:$229
eibach: $225??
short shifter and bushings: ask TMW

if you dont believe me, ask other memebers about these mods. definitaly worth it!!
Whats the web site for sway bars?

· Registered
973 Posts
i say the clutch delay valve removal as well. pretty easy on the 2.0, havent looked under the 2.4 yet but if theres anyone in nc with one that wants to meet I'll help em do it and make a writeup this time lol (if it's possible on the 2.4, that is)

· Registered
1,244 Posts
im such a noob on aftermarket products.. these strut and sway bars don't put any stress on the suspension or anything? doesn't ruin them?:confused:

thanks.

· Registered
1,244 Posts
oh okay. so i guess you just bolt them on? ill look at the website later. thanks.

2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
If I had to pick just 2, id go with the front strut bar, which is an easy istall, and the rear sway bar. The rear is a little more work, you'll have to remove the rear coils which isn't that hard then put the support plates in then just bolt it all together.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.