Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking at a Forte Koup as my next car. My initial consideration was wether or not to go EX or SX.

Now a new concern, buy now or wait a model year. Browsing other forums info seems to suggest the MY 11 cars will get the same features that are coming with the 5-Door. Push button start namely. Also a 6-speed MT & 6-speed auto across the board.

Now a 6-Speed Koup EX would be worth waiting for I think. Thoughts on wether MY 11 is worth the wait and if these rumored updates will come? Anyone with insider info?

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think i'm going to wait. the '11's should be out within a couple of months and ideally will tweak a few things that may be causing some issues. does anyone know if the sx-r will be available in the u.s. for '11?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
:D someone from the inside told me about a turbo charged KOUP rated @ 275hp.. Second year models are always better than 1st year models...

·
Registered
211 Posts
My advice is, wait until 2011 is announced and you can see the exact differences. Then, if you don't care for them, you'll be able to pick up the 2010 with some better incentives.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My advice is, wait until 2011 is announced and you can see the exact differences. Then, if you don't care for them, you'll be able to pick up the 2010 with some better incentives.

this.. plus if the turbo version comes out in 2011 you're going to kick yourself lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
The 2011 will likely have the new stereo available (larger, more comprehensive screen, etc), possibly the availability of a turbo, the kinks of 2010 worked out, and last but certainly not least...the possibility of better throttle mapping on the 2.4. I'd wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty standard knowledge but I already apply for the competitor discount plus 0% APR financing. I don't know how much better dealers can do :D

And yes, waiting seems to be the best move. The only reason I want one NOW is for the simple sake of having a car few others own. Driving a civic is like going to school with a dress code.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Pretty standard knowledge but I already apply for the competitor discount plus 0% APR financing. I don't know how much better dealers can do :D

And yes, waiting seems to be the best move. The only reason I want one NOW is for the simple sake of having a car few others own. Driving a civic is like going to school with a dress code.
I couldn't agree with you more... I actually like being the only one at school with a Forte... I kinda hate it when I see another person driving a Forte, lol...

·
Registered
973 Posts
It seems as if I'm one of three people in this half of my state with this car, so I'm loving it
nobody even knows what it is, thank god I didn't get a civic or a TC
I'm going to kick myself if a turbo koup comes out next year though LOL
keeping the one I have now though, either way
I'll just turbocharge it myself lol
and yeah the 11's are supposed to have the microsoft UVO HU in them aren't they? I'd wait for that for sure

·
Registered
7 Posts
does anyone know when the 2011's will be available? maybe in july? i can't seem to find any info on this from kia...kind of strange considering other makers are.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I wonder if they are gonna get rid of the TRANSFER COMPLETE annoying feature!!!! that would be real nice....but i prob. will never buy another kia :eek:anyhow lol i know that is pretty harsh but been through wayyy to much trouble with them...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wonder if they are gonna get rid of the TRANSFER COMPLETE annoying feature!!!! that would be real nice....but i prob. will never buy another kia :eek:anyhow lol i know that is pretty harsh but been through wayyy to much trouble with them...
That is pretty harsh and unfair. Care to list these numerous troubles and how Kia's reaction to them may differ from other manufacturers (comparing of course to other inaugural model years)?

·
Registered
641 Posts
There's a lot going on with competing models in 2011/2012. Definitely worth waiting if you can and comparing against what's out there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There's a lot going on with competing models in 2011/2012. Definitely worth waiting if you can and comparing against what's out there.
Already set on most of those other cars.

Sat in a Cruze and fell asleep, The far east Hyundai unveiling is weird and alien. The Focus looks good.... but its moving upscale if the Fiesta is any judge. Mazda will still be a bit happy for my taste.

The only real 2-door I'll watch for is the MY 11 civic, assuming it doesn't follow the current turd trend in Honda. But then in a few years I'd probably be kicking myself for being a trend sheep again.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
geez I just missed this bought my car last month.. lol reverse camera ooh wow..
cool stuff, wish we could add it to are 2010 cars yeah I'd say wait for the new model!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd wait for the 2011 model. Even if the turbo doesn't find it way into the forte, a 2.4 direct injection engine might. This will boost it to around 200hp and give a 20% or so increase in fuel economy. If your looking at adding an aftermarket turbo then this engine wouldn't be the best due to direct injection engines using high mechanical compression ratios.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Production never looks like the Concept, just similar. I doubt the FT 86 will look as good as that and it's a Toyota so it'll probably be like $35,000.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts