Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got T-boned... So it got written off and I have $21k to get whatever I want. Uhmmm was thinking of getting the 2011 Forte SX what are the main differences from the 2010?? I had an EX sooo I wanna get an SX now?

Would get a Koup but I never Liked 2 doors although its a really nice looking car?....

Any thoughts? Advice? Im sure the prices are around the same for a 2010 and a 2011 so might as well go with the 2011. I want that blueish purple color...or the burnt orange...and I like the Black rims...

I have a spolier being shipped to me (ordered b4 the wreck ha) so maybe I can ask for a SX without a spoiler? or do they all come with one?

Thanks guys!! I know a few people have had wrecks and got good replys....also if anyone is in Austin Texas...my car has parts that are still good...PM me and Ill let you know where its at.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car. I was in a rear end collision 2 weeks after I got my Forte and they fixed it. $8500. wish I could have got a new one. Good luck with the 2011

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dam sorry to hear that ur car got wreckd. I don't really know what all the differences r between the tens n elevens I do know that the elvens have the paddle shiftin on the steerin wheel now. I think I saw a thread about the differences a cpl weeks ago. I thought they weren't makin copperhead anymore? U should deff get an sx tho I love mine. I've always had two door cars but out of all my two door cars the koup is deff one of the roomiest ones all my friends have said that about it like there knees don't hit the front seats when there in the back and its really roomy in the bak seats there very comfy.
Well goodluck w gettin ur new forte, keep us postd when u get it I'm curious to know what all the differences r really lik.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the fast replies...specially koupchic for writting me a story haha. yeah think ima go with an SX...really looking forward to having a sunroof!! and the red lights around the dash. just called my dealership and he said I can get one around the 17k mark...which is a good price....gonna check it out 2mm... Do those black stock rims come on the sedans too or just the koup?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Damn sucks about your car! Glad you're alright though! But those rims you're talking about only comes on the 2010 model koups supposedly...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Lol sorry bout the story I have a habit of doin that. I was tryin to give u answrs but don't know that many differences so I told u bout my koup. Hope it was a lil helpful to ya

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
also if anyone is in Austin Texas...my car has parts that are still good
My husband lectured me that we don't have money to be buying extra car parts for a car that's still under warranty. I told him that if he'd just let me buy the turbo kit, it wouldn't be under warranty anymore, problem solved. :mad:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya might end up having to sale it....guess ima see if they will take those off a koup and put them on the sedan!!! If I cant find one without a spolier then I could just ship it back to EBAY...and take a lost on shipping or sell it locally. Yeaaa I loved my Forte thats why im going back... anything else I should get put on it before I leave the lot? I want it loaded since Ill being paying for it over the next few yrs

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Id put it towards an Evo X! I love my koup but the new evo is so fkn nice...white with black rims...would take that over a koup

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Idk I'd take the koup 2011 get (the luxrey model sx) push button start etc. and get the turbo kit. cause I like the way are koups look vs the looks of the genesis
Atleast that would be my choice:)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
let me know some info i need some parts and if i can get that motor assuming its a 2.4l for under 1200 i will get it by the 26 of this month.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,820 Posts
SX doesn't come with a spoiler, fyi
Correct as of now. Kia does have a spoiler for the Koup, and sedan (different ones), so it's possible for the dealer to install it before sale and maybe sometime down-the-road they'll come installed too.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts