Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm the 4th owner. In the beginning of owning a Kia/Hyundai vehicle was new to me & a damn hassle. It's been a growing on me thing that has grown to I love my old 2010 Kia Forte Koup SX.

Hoping to keep, maintain & drive my Forte for as long as I can.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
(y)(y)

Have you installed badges on the front and rear since these pictures?
K&N Intake?
What about light upgrades - LED mirrors and LED taillights?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
209 Posts
(y)(y)

Have you installed badges on the front and rear since these pictures?
K&N Intake?
What about light upgrades - LED mirrors and LED taillights?
My 2011 had LED tail lamps from factory and the mirrors are bit of trouble to change out just the bulbs.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
My 2011 had LED tail lamps from factory and the mirrors are bit of trouble to change out just the bulbs.
2010 didn't have LED taillights - I wish mine had come with them - and also in 2011 the mirrors had neater LED mirrors instead of the 2010's incandescent lighted mirrors - I put those on my 2010 Koup SX and wife's 2010 SX sedan.

You can tell a 2010 by the mirrors!

My old 2010 Koup SX (RIP) with the LED mirrors - daughters 2010 Koup EX, with original mirrors, behind.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
209 Posts
2010 didn't have LED taillights - I wish mine had come with them - and also in 2011 the mirrors had neater LED mirrors instead of the 2010's incandescent lighted mirrors - I put those on my 2010 Koup SX and wife's 2010 SX sedan.

You can tell a 2010 by the mirrors!

My old 2010 Koup SX (RIP) with the LED mirrors - daughters 2010 Koup EX, with original mirrors, behind.

View attachment 84382
Now that makes sense..easier to get the parts from a 2011 and put them on the 2010.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After doing the brake light mod. The mod let me upgrade to 1157R from 1156C. I get 4 running (on with headlights) & brake lights..

1157 is a dual filament bulb/LED.
1156 is a single filament bulb/LED.

Only the headlights & fog light5are glass bulbs. Everything else is LEDs.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, I haven't on the broken K emblems. I want to buy the same broken K emblems that lasted 11yrs like mine did. I do see them.on ebay/Amazon. Meh,

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Changing all the fluids before they all go bad or I keep putting on the later list. The fluids were still in good age & condition. Just doing them anyways.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
378 Posts
I painted the muffler on my 2013 Chrysler 200 with high temp grille paint. Flat black. I hated the way the muffler on the 200's stood out like a sore thumb.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It looks great, looks brand new. I've never heard of anyone painting exhaust parts before. Was there any smell for the first few drives? I wonder how it will hold up over time.
Smell was for only for a few minutes. I did a full flush & fill of the radiator coolant/Antifreeze while on the 4 jack stands.

I do need to drive to the carwash to wash off the old radiator fluid that splashed every where. I don't like a mess.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
High heat Krylon aluminum works well on exhaust pipes -(engine paint). NOT worth it on exhaust manifolds!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts