Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to my manual and things I've looked up online, I should have an inside trunk release on the driver-side floor just in front of the gas cap release; however, mine has nothing there. Not that big an issue as long as my key fob works, but it would be nice to know if there's some other way to manually open the trunk if the fob ever fails me. Any ideas?

Also, does the key fob work to open the trunk if I'm still in the car, or would I need to always get out and be ready to push the latch on the trunk after clicking the trunk-release button on the fob?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The floor release lever is for a sedan or Koup with a trunk, not the hatchback like you have. The hatch opens like any of the other doors, manually. The sedan and Koup trunks have the inside release because there's no handle on the trunk lid.

The key fob doesn't open the hatch, it just unlocks it, you still need to press the handle to open the hatch. Yes, the fob will do that if you are inside the car but so will pressing the unlock button on the door. It unlocks all the doors including the hatch.

Reactions: Chuzz and LaurieG

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
410 Posts
as NovaResource stated, it's exactly the same setup on my 2016 Soul.

Reactions: LaurieG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The floor release lever is for a sedan or Koup with a trunk, not the hatchback like you have. The hatch opens like any of the other doors, manually. The sedan and Koup trunks have the inside release because there's no handle on the trunk lid.

The key fob doesn't open the hatch, it just unlocks it, you still need to press the handle to open the hatch. Yes, the fob will do that if you are inside the car but so will pressing the unlock button on the door. It unlocks all the doors including the hatch.
Thank you for the information! I worded it wrong, but I did know that the fob merely unlocks it and I then have to push the handle to lift the hatch; but it's good to know the unlock button inside the car will do the same thing :)

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Thank you for the information! I worded it wrong, but I did know that the fob merely unlocks it and I then have to push the handle to lift the hatch; but it's good to know the unlock button inside the car will do the same thing :)
One more thing I forgot to add:
On the fob you have lock and unlock. Those buttons lock and unlock all the doors including the hatch (one press unlocks just the drivers door, a second press within a couple seconds unlocks the remaining doors). The hatch button on the fob unlocks just the hatch (you must press and hold the hatch button on the fob). When unlocked that way, once you close the hatch, it will automatically re-lock. So that hatch button on the fob is for when the car is locked and you need to access the hatch area. You unlock the hatch, access the hatch area and just close the hatch. It will lock automatically without you having to press the lock button on the fob.
Hope that helps.
Happy Motoring!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts