Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys whats up. Got a 2010 Forte SX with 3900 miles on it. For some reason my car is pulling to the left when I hit the brakes or when I am driving slow. I checked my tires. They are inflated properly. Is this normal or should I pay my Kia Dealer a visit?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are the roads snow covered ? is there any ice build up on the brakes ? If not maybe a quick trip to the car wash to melt anything away and then try it out. If not take it to the dealer...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are the roads snow covered ? is there any ice build up on the brakes ? If not maybe a quick trip to the car wash to melt anything away and then try it out. If not take it to the dealer...
Nah Its not the snow or anything like that. I wash the car every week. SO I am thinking it is something with the car itself. It has been going on for about 3 weeks now. It is not terrible but I wanna get it checked out before it gets worse.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
Brake operation is a serious part of your car -- you should take it to the dealer and have it checked out. If your tires are properly inflated and your car veers left on brake application something is causing it and it needs to be looked at.

·
Registered
139 Posts
my car did this when the rotor was warped. (old car, havent needed brakes yet on the forte)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Yea sounds like warp rotors. I let my friend drive the car one night on the hw hitting the bottle. Braking alot. When i got to the house and parked the car you can see smoke coming from both front tires. I get out the car and look at my rotors and there glowing red. So another friend decided to throw water on it and yea you know wat happens.. At high speed now if i hit the brake it shakes im getting a brake kit soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I wonder if it is covered under my warranty. The car only has 3900 miles on it.. Do you know if it is?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,845 Posts
Thanks guys. I wonder if it is covered under my warranty. The car only has 3900 miles on it.. Do you know if it is?
Better hurry you only have `4 more years and 56,100 miles left on your warranty...LoL!!!

When you take your car in ask the service department to tell you when the warranty started on your car (if you bought new it then it started the day you bought it -- if you bought it used the warranty started the day it was first sold). If you bought it used you don't get the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty - only the 5-year 60,000 mile warranty carries over.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Better hurry you only have `4 more years and 56,100 miles left on your warranty...LoL!!!

When you take your car in ask the service department to tell you when the warranty started on your car (if you bought new it then it started the day you bought it -- if you bought it used the warranty started the day it was first sold). If you bought it used you don't get the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty - only the 5-year 60,000 mile warranty carries over.
Yeah I got it new. So hopefully it is covered. Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sounds like your left caliper is sticking. I had a '93 Beretta that has these symptoms and it was the caliper. You routinely (or ever) had to slam on the brakes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kia Forte SX 2011 Pulls to Left!

Ok so I am glad it is not me!
I have the 2011 SX and since day one, it is now just over 3 weeks old and 3,00klms on it to pulls to the left.

The local dealership did an alignment on it after 10 days but I still feel the tugging. Worse obviously at higher speeds.

I see previous posts about brakes, was this really the solution? Could this not be bad tires? Is KIA aware and receptive to this issue?

I love the car but hate to dump it over this issue!

p.s.
My wife has a 2010 Soul and son has the Rio5 Sport and neither have this issue!

Scifidad
Newmarket, ON Canada (Eh!)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, I guess I missed one important item, it pulls when I am not braking!
Under normal driving conditions!

Scifidad
Newmarket On, Canada

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Ok, I guess I missed one important item, it pulls when I am not braking!
Under normal driving conditions!

Scifidad
Newmarket On, Canada
Sounds like a different issue than the OP.
Silly question, but if it pulls to the left and the alignment is checked, then my thought is, are you overweight? I only ask because I use to weight quite a bit more and noticed all my cars pulled to the left. Now that I have lost weight, they don't.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Hey guys whats up. Got a 2010 Forte SX with 3900 miles on it. For some reason my car is pulling to the left when I hit the brakes or when I am driving slow. I checked my tires. They are inflated properly. Is this normal or should I pay my Kia Dealer a visit?
If it pulls to the left when braking, it sounds like either the left brake is clamping to hard, or the right brake isn't clamping enough, if at all. Get it to the dealer!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Here is something to try if it pulls to the left all the time [whether braking or not] put a couple of extra pounds of air in each of the front tires [make it 34PSI] take it for a drive...you might be pleasantly suprised. The stock tires have paper thin sidewalls and more air will firm them up. If it doesn't fix the problem then let the extra air out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts