Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used some left over 3" intercooler piping from my supra project and a $30 air filter to fab me up a short ram intake last weekend. Decent increase in the midrange but very nice punch around 5700rpm when you hear the vvt kick in and open everything up. Sounds great! I'll get some mpg numbers up once i can learn to keep the pedal off the floor again.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am heading up to AEM tomorrow afternoon to drop the car off for a CAI. Props for doing this--the sound and kick at the RPMs is cool huh? I wish we could make VVT come on at 4500rpm.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant wait until somebody makes a tatrix cable for these cars so that i can start building some new maps with HP tuners. If our VVT is electronically controlled and not hydraulic that could totally be possible.

·
Registered
202 Posts
noodile: I was looking at this setup and the first thing that came to mind was the size of the filter and is it large enough to allow proper air flow in the upper throtle ranges? It looks smaller than the stock air filter, but I can't be sure just by looking at the pics. The whole idea of a CAI open filter design to to allow more air into the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts