11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Kia Forte Koup SX luxury with auto

2.9% for 60 months

no money down

Trade in a 2003 VW Golf GLS

200 bi-weekly all in

in CAD

It's the model I want so don't you judge me !! asking about payments, I could sell the golf for more privately but not much more...

Please share your thoughts

·
Registered
201 Posts
2.9% is a great rate for 60 months. $400/month seems slightly on the high side even at that rate, but I'm not sure where you are buying? Is it Canada?

That's really the only thing that I can comment without more info. The only thing that you can really negotiate for a car is the asking price. Your credit will determine what the rate is. Then you should make sure that you aren't getting any extra dealer charges thrown in there.

There are other factors too, I'm the kind of person that will push and push for a deal (within reason) and walk away if I don't get it. I know there are those out there, usually with more money than me :) that are willing to pay MSRP for exactly what they want. That's okay too! Just depends on which one you are. If you're like me, then research the price (I suggest Edmunds.com ) and use that as a guide.

Good luck and let us know what you end up with!:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I am in Canada, so even though the dollar is about the same cars sell for higher here. Trust me I nickel and dimed and still left, no deal is done until I say so..:cool:

I will follow up tomorrow with the dealer.

·
Registered
196 Posts
2.9% is good. I got 2.96% on mine. You didn't say how much they are giving on the trade. Either way if you can pay extra on the principle you can save more interest and knock of some of the 60 months.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
msrp on Kia is 25,995 CAD

trade in 7000 but works out to be 6100 due to taxes and stuff

so after all the fees and taxes I get the Kia for 24,000 even

it's still on the boat on it's way to Canada. From my understanding the dealers only make about a 1000 bucks on a koup.

had him drop about 80 bucks a month on payments..

·
Registered
196 Posts
I don't know that I believe a dealer when they say they only make a $1000 on the sale. It really doesn't matter if you are happy with the price agreed to. I am not familiar with Canadian prices so I don't know how that price compares.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That does not sound that bad for the fully loaded 2011 Koup SX Luxery. Is this from the dealership that you told me in PM. Are they giving you any items as a bonus? (Winter mats, ipod cable, deals on parts, etc...)

Send me a PM.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think you got yourself an awesome deal.

Even better than the price is : you're getting an awesome ride!

·
Registered
358 Posts
NO way JOSE!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny, the comments from US members vs CA members.

I have been looking at a few other cars as well and got good deals on them, sadly no matter what car I look at there always seems to be issues, now I know that is normal. But dammit that is why I am getting rid of my VW...

Choices, Choices...

·
Registered
283 Posts
It's a good deal man...but i know they have 0% on 60 month on this period or maybe is just for 2010th cars...not sure...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's a good deal man...but i know they have 0% on 60 month on this period or maybe is just for 2010th cars...not sure...
Yeah, But I am not interested in the 2010 line up with Kia.

For the other manufacturers I am but the 2011 kia forte koup is the only kia I like..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Its the car u really want tho so go for it im sure ull be very happy w it. I love mine he's amazing. Ur lucky ur gettin that much for trade in than again I beat my old car up and put a ton a miles on it, and it tried to kill me that's why it had to go

1 - 18 of 18 Posts