Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Koup last month from Kia of Orange Park. Just the other day they posted on their Facebook profile "The Turbo's are here !!!!!!!!!!!" I imagine they're referring to Turbo Koups unless there's something i'm missing. When i asked for more info they replied that i needed to stop by and see... ugg. I've gotta bring my girlfriend's Sedan in for it's first oil change on Friday, so i'll keep you all posted.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The sonata is from Hyundai.

The only cars i see from Kia with turbo are the Optima and the Sportage.

Havent' heard of an OEM turboed Koup.
Kia... Hyundai... Same shit

·
Registered
405 Posts
This has already been true... but times change, and automakers too.

They still use and share a lot of mecanics parts, but i would not say it's still the same cars, like it was 4 years ago.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,880 Posts
If you think they're the same, take your Kia to a Hyundai dealer and try to get warranty work...not gonna happen (unless the same dealer sells both makes).

OP - your dealer is announcing the Optima and/or Sportage turbos. My dealer got in their first Optima SX turbo last Saturday.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
Yup same thing here at our local dealership they even started a facebook page.. new optima turbo is here

I saw it in person picking up parts for my koup, of course they were hopeful I'd trade my koup for it.. I just laughed at em and told them they should just give it to me so I can put the motor in my car, LOL they stoped trying to sell me after that;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Our first Sportage T-GDI arrived today... and it's pretty much 'meh'. All the turbo does is make a '11 Sportage as fast as the '11 Sorento is with a V6.

I'm interested to see what it does in the Optima (expecting those in the next few weeks, here). Lighter, smaller... should be pretty fun. No point in getting it until our roads clear up though... WAY too much snow and cold for anything sporty right now.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LoL Thanks for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts