Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering why my lights didn't come on when my doors were opened, and I touched the little button/switch thing that says "Door/Off" and it just like flops back and forth now like it's not even connected to anything. I'm 100% sure the dealership will fix this, esp with 5500miles on the car, but still, wtf lol. Is this a common problem or am I just lucky :p I hope I can get it taken care of soon, 'cause I don't like getting into a dark car at night :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
im startin to think our cars are the cheapest as made cars. the back seat especially and it is starting to bug me alot sounds like u are just lucky lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
yah my ex koup had the same thing, brought it to the dealer and they ordered the part and it was a quick fix!!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
the Forte has had many issues in quality... the windshield being at the top of the list... as for your problem, you may have a bad bulb or a blown fuse. I doubt the switch is bad, but you never know....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
im startin to think our cars are the cheapest as made cars. the back seat especially and it is starting to bug me alot sounds like u are just lucky lol
Thats how we got the car for 20,000 they use cheap cheap parts..

My deler is always asking me "what you going to rebuild the whole car"
I respond with well if kia would have done it right the first time I'd not have too.

*Due note I love my car and half expected things to go this way*

Sorry about your light switch Sara, hopefully with that one are dealership can't run away from it since it in fact does not work...

I warn you in advance if you have some strange issue like a noise from a belt they'll turn a blind eye and ear... hell even my speed control for my stero they claim works normally but It does not work at all.. Hope they treat you better then they have me with these issues, Honestly I'd go to Phoenix if I was you

·
Registered
26 Posts
You can do a quick search for the windshield...I'm sure you don't want to start a new thread here...

My opinion to all others...For sure, when we buy something at 20 000$ (US) we hope we've buy the best one with no problem at all. You know what ? BMW,Mercedez and even "hand make" Porsche have some problem and someone paid 100 000$ for problems !!! The world is not perfect and it will never be perfect.

I am a photocopier/multifunction technician and I can tell you I see different problem each days....on the same model machine....even on the big 75 000$ machine's !!!!!

Yes you're right, you will always see a cheaper manufacturer that sell some cheap parts and that's maybe what happen to your door switch/head light/fuse.

That is my 3rd Kia I have now: 1st=2006 Rio, only had battery problem on 150 000km, 2nd=2009 Rondo V6, no problem at all (48 000km) and th 3rd=2011 Koup (hope will not have too much problem).

Keep in mind that all of you guys (and me for sure) have bought a quality/price product....and saved +/-75 000$ agains Mercedez/BMW and all other problem's !!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not complaining about quality exactly. I mean this is my 4th Kia...if I thought there was a severe quality that other manufacturers didn't have I would have switched a long time ago haha. Cars in general are just getting cheaper!

I was just wonderin' if anyone else had experienced this problem. Thanks for letting me know I'm not crazy/the only one lol. When I touched the lil switched and it just flopped back and forth I was like what the heck hahahah.

I'm gonna take the Koup up there Wednesday. Thanks for the info, Ben! I hope they don't give me any crap.

·
Registered
306 Posts
wow seems like the forte's are having a lot of problems. i thought it would be a wiring issue. i wonder why the switch is going bad like that

1 - 11 of 11 Posts