Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Work sent me out to San Diego for a few weeks (still here actually) and I walk into the avis car rental and get a car and guess what they give me.... yup a Forte Sedan I was like seriously? LOL... they guy was like huh? I then told him that I owned a Koup and a short back story on the website.

Anyway... This is actually my first ride in the sedan and I have to say I am a little jealous of the room you guys have. There is at least 5 more inches of headroom in the sedan over my koup and a pretty fair amount more leg room in the back. I was under the belief that the cubic feet inside the cars was pretty close. But after driving one I can see this isnt the case.

I also have to add that you guys with sedans that have done mods/upgrades I have to give it to you!!!!! the cars on here look SOOOOOOO much better than the plain jane base model I am in. Keep up the good work cant wait to see more sedans going for Forte of the Month.

·
Registered
567 Posts
The koup has a slight advantage (like .4 inches) in leg and hip room. The standard head room for the Sedan and Koup (without moonroof) is 40 inches and 38.7 inches respectively. Throw in a moonroof and you lose another inch of head room. Thats why I was unable to get a Koup SX and got the Sedan SX instead. I was disappointed at first but fuck I love my car <3

·
Registered
973 Posts
ahhhhh... if only you could drive one thats been a little bit "woken up" by an exhaust and intake. tons of room and a pretty quick little car too! Do you guys with the koup's have all the insane room to the sides of the seats up front like in the sedan? never sat in a koup so idk but its one of my favorite parts of this car's interior design lol

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
ahhhhh... if only you could drive one thats been a little bit "woken up" by an exhaust and intake. tons of room and a pretty quick little car too! Do you guys with the koup's have all the insane room to the sides of the seats up front like in the sedan? never sat in a koup so idk but its one of my favorite parts of this car's interior design lol
Yes like my car so nice so fast :) I love my sedan

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Yes at 34 recently married and probably a kid within the next year or so a koup was out of the question for me. Also I car pool to work with 2 others and didn't want the in and out of a 2 door. A sedan just made more sense overall for me. Anyway I'm just glad Kia did such a bang up job of designing the sedan and not making it sucky. Lol. Glad you liked the other side pharoah!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
When I read the title of this thread I thought "Wow someones TCS stopped working..." :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I made it back home finally and got in the Koup and there is a HUGE difference in driving my 2.4 Koup over the 2.0 Sedan. I was asking the wife if she did some kind of stealth tune on it while I was gone. I didnt remember it being that beefy.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
you can wake them up? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts