Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've had my 2020 Forte GT since last June. I've put 11k on the clock over the past year and loved every mile.

This morning I decided to head out to the Dunkies for an iced coffee and since it was still nice out I figured I'd open up all the windows. When I went to open the sunroof I heard a loud "Clunk!" then the sunroof only slid open halfway. I closed it and tried again, now it won't open past 2/3. I'm like, crap. Seems like something let go. Not too concerned because I could close it and it's under warranty. I'll be calling the dealer today.

Anyone ever have this happen?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Clunk sounds are usually tranny or engine. Lucky for you - just the sunroof cable.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It turns out the sunroof didn't actually break at all. An acorn got stuck in there somehow. Just had to have it removed then reset the motor. Still trying to figure out how it managed to get itself into that little gap!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
It turns out the sunroof didn't actually break at all. An acorn got stuck in there somehow. Just had to have it removed then reset the motor. Still trying to figure out how it managed to get itself into that little gap!
That's nuts! LOL!

Bird, squirrel, or irate neighbor...🐦🐀:eek:

·
Registered
178 Posts
It was probably laying on the gasket and when you opened it, it just rolled inside. You need to stop parking under oak trees. LOL

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
It was probably laying on the gasket and when you opened it, it just rolled inside. You need to stop parking under oak trees. LOL
I like the idea of an agitated vengeful squirrel getting it's revenge...LOL!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the idea of an agitated vengeful squirrel getting it's revenge...LOL!
Why not, the birds get their revenge every morning too. :p

I never park with the sunroof open, anywhere, not even indoors. Still a mystery how it got in there, I guess it could have dropped just before I closed the sunroof one time. Whatever it had to be perfect aim or perfect timing.

·
Registered
'21 GT Manual
49 Posts
Why not, the birds get their revenge every morning too. :p

I never park with the sunroof open, anywhere, not even indoors. Still a mystery how it got in there, I guess it could have dropped just before I closed the sunroof one time. Whatever it had to be perfect aim or perfect timing.

Thanks for following back up! Good to know it's not a manufacturing defect that could be an issue for all of us. Hope it's all fine from here on out, cheers to 1 million trouble free miles!

Reactions: BlueStang
1 - 10 of 10 Posts