Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I know why:

For you US folks, that's -18.4F. If you factor in the wind, it feels like -31F outside this morning.

Can anyone get me a one-way ticket to Florida please?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
You too eh?

My screen was showing -22C yesterday.

It took an extra crank on the starter to turn it over. Usually it only takes 2. Gotta change over to syn oil soon, I'm almost due so that old oil must have thickened up a bit.

·
Registered
166 Posts
my car start like a charm using syntetic mobil1 5w20 the only little thing is that the power steering fluid seem to be super thick theses days !

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I had mine on saturday hit -30 deg C. So far it only gave me an issue this morning. Guess now that I am in Sudbury, I better get a block heater....LOL....got to love the synthetic oil..only 2 cranks to get it to go.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
It was cold here too...34 this morning :)
GO TO H...... ;)

Mine show -27ºC this morning...... God bless Kia for auto climate and heated seat. I remote start mine 15 minutes before leaving and transmission, powerstering and brake fluids where acting weird until they warmup!!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
my car start like a charm using syntetic mobil1 5w20 the only little thing is that the power steering fluid seem to be super thick theses days !
I noticed that too ha!

I'm thinking of also changing my tranny fluid to mobil1 soon too as it's the only other brand beside's Kia/Hyundai/Mitsu's own that is SP-3 certified.

·
Registered
53 Posts
beautiful start this morning at -27C too. The only weird thing was a strange noise coming from the engine when I turned the car on as if something was stuck (less than a second).

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
i was at -7 my motor sounded like it was going to die

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think I know why. For you US folks, that's -18.4F. If you factor in the wind, it feels like -31F outside this morning.

Can anyone get me a one-way ticket to Florida please?
If it was that cold in Texas, we would not start our cars. We'd just sit around all day in front of the fire doin shots of brown whiskey ;).

·
Registered
166 Posts
I noticed that too ha!

I'm thinking of also changing my tranny fluid to mobil1 soon too as it's the only other brand beside's Kia/Hyundai/Mitsu's own that is SP-3 certified.

I use redline MT-85 syntetic for my tranny wish is the exact specs from oem plus its a very trustable company ! I recommand it :D I switched to it since the dealer flushed my tranny oil and replaced it with some gear oil 75w90 wish is TOO THICK I wasnt able to shift into 2nd :mad:

·
Registered
316 Posts
It was -22 today. I forgot to wipe the snow off my roof. When i started moving the snow dropped down my windsheild and it was so fine that it seeped into my ventilation system. I was blasted by a fine mist of ice for 2-3 minutes. I love winter.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
-28C for me too. For 2 seconds I thought she wouldn't start. The leather seat felt like a wooden chair :p

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
This morning in Sudbury Ontario car read -35deg C outside. Powersteering was all stiff until it warmed up. Got damn freezing mornings.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hopefully last winter this car will ever see!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts