Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow! What a journey. The amount of work one has to put into getting a new car.

I started my search looking at the Nissan Altima Coupe. Went to the dealer, drove the car, and loved it. We worked out some prices and I couldn't believe the payments. Mind you, I'm a college student and graduating a year from now - so high monthly payments is something I can't swing.

Next, I looked at the Accord Coupe hoping to get some cheaper prices. Went to the dealer, drove the car, and hated it. The ride was not as satisfying as the Altima, and the payments were still out of my league.

By now, I realized I had to go for cars with the lower sticker price. I drove the Honda Civic and felt like I was in a toy car - the ride was awful and the car had no features. I really thought I was down and out at this point. My budget could not fit a brand new car with style and performance.

Then, I had found it. The KIA Forte Koup. I had seen it once before but never looked twice because, well, it was a KIA. I researched the car tirelessly for the next few weeks and fell in love with it. I couldn't believe the features, specs, performance, and most importantly pricing options.

I test drove the Forte sedan first because I couldn't find any dealers with the SX I wanted. Either way, I loved the ride! It was just as good as being in the Altima and better than both the Accord and Civic. I eventually worked around some local dealers and got to drive the Koup and check out it's features entirely.

I had to REALLY work the dealer, but I got exactly what I wanted:
Kia Forte Koup SX
Fully Loaded
Red Exterior
Black Interior Leather
Sunroof

The lease was my best option (2K Down, 215/Mo x 35Mos.).

I didn't want to buy because I'll be working full time a year from now and will be able to afford a nicer car. But, the Forte Koup will be perfect for the next 36 months!

I did the deal today but will have my car next week (can't wait). Pictures will be posted when available. I am happy I no longer have to browse these forums envying all of you! :)

With that said, hello to all, this is my first post, and hopefully the first of many.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
congrats on the new Wheels..
enjoy the drive!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

@KoupDelux
Honestly, the Forte Koup felt just as good as the Altima Coupe (tight brakes, smooth ride, good on turns, etc.). The Altima acceleration was more responsive, but after that I equally enjoyed both. But the Hondas were a disappointment.

@maTTastic
I'm in Jersey also, when's the next meet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Fantastic! :D Welcome welcome! And congrats on the new ride! I'm glad you got everything you wanted!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts