Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SX Koup AT

Hello all finally got the right mudguards in and installed them today I also shamelessly "borrowed" the idea of putting a red pinstripe on the inside of the grill. :cool:

Next up is painting the Calipers. I have everything I need but it's been raining off and on today and as you can tell I lack shelter. Next day off I have I'll probably borrow a friends garage and do his oil change as payment again :p

I do plan on putting an additional pin stripe on the lower grill if it stops raining and cools down some.

BTW pardon the bugs on the front... I hate summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Nice job !

Assuming that you do not need a front license plate, are you going to remove the plate bracket?

I hear you...about the bugs!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah in GA we only have a rear plate. I did take off the bracket but the screws they put in the dealer tag went through the bumper and left nasty holes, then the three mounting screws as well. eventually take it off when I get the means to plug the holes nicely.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I find it pretty funny that my brother has been driving around without a front plate on for 2 years. (someone backed into his mazda3 and broke the mount) Dealt with the damage in the parking lot and off he went. Two years now and not a single question about it. But, when it hit June I get pulled over because my sticker is going to expire at the end of the month. No other reason, just ran my papers and told me to get my sticker upto date.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, yeah the front flaps took only a Philips head screwdriver with three screws and the rears had two screws and a 10mm bolt on the bottom.

only problem run into was the space if you leave the tires on when you install, a quarter inch ratchet with a screw bit adapter worked perfect tho.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah got tired of road gunk all over the side of my ride. BTW all the hardware uses pre existing holes so it's just plug and play ;-)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yay! Finally a blue koup did the pinstriping!!! :D looks great! Lol, the fad continues!

Congrats on the neww ride!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yay! Finally a blue koup did the pinstriping!!! :D looks great! Lol, the fad continues!

Congrats on the neww ride!
Thanks I've actually owned her since last November. I like the contrast with the red in the grill :cool:

Fixin to go to FL this week gonna see my folks and visit the old boss. See if he'll let me borrow his lift for a while to paint my calipers and maybe con him into tinting my windows :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nah in GA we only have a rear plate. I did take off the bracket but the screws they put in the dealer tag went through the bumper and left nasty holes, then the three mounting screws as well. eventually take it off when I get the means to plug the holes nicely.
What area of GA? I'm on the East Coast near Savannah. I drive a Forte SX (same blue color as yours)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts