Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Personally I'm not a fan of headlights being tinted, but you could try making some aggressive eyelines for your headlights out of the blue tint. All in all, the tinting is nicely done. Your husband could probably become an Ebay seller of tinted headlights / foglights for Forte Koups and Sedans if he is motivated enough to do it :p

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of tinted headlights but for some reason I really like the blue!! I agree, yellow would look awesome

2,213 Posts
If you really want your roof wrapped, go to a truck lettering guy and he'll charge ya like $200. Then you can stop asking people to make you a roof wrap.....the end!! lol

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We have discussed roof wrapping previously. While we could get vinyl cut close to the right shape with a little overhang, the installation would never be the same twice. Just the headlights were a pain in the ass to heat shrink and stick correctly. I think the heat gun blew through the plastic in a spot on the drivers headlight on a contour.

Another idea we're working on is getting the pieces and parts for a whole kit that includes a squeegee, a sharp razor, and a small bottle of window tint sticky solution. Ebay is our intent.

Also, I have tracings and cut files for other vehicle headlight shapes. If you would like custom for another car, either stop by the house or ship me your headlights to get the trace. I will send your headlights back and the first sample off the cutter for free. Right now I have all of the skins and trim pieces for 92-96 Ford truck, Starion-Conquest, 300ZX (headlights, taillights, sidemarkers), all the stuff for the Koups, and regular square headlights, and I've got a buddy with a Fusion. I'd really like to get my hands on a Civic and an Eclipse in the near future.

We have yellow and blue tint in stock right now, and we are planning to purchase stock in smoke tints this week. Green and pink available too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Blue would probably get you in trouble by the local authorities since generally Red and Blue cant be on the front of a vehicle for lights... Not sure how Texas works with stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
How about SMOKE? like really light smoke (80% light transmission)

We have yellow and blue tint in stock right now, and we are planning to purchase stock in smoke tints this week. Green and pink available too.

Once again noodile's ADHD gets away from him. :D

Dark Smoke: 67% light transmission
Light Smoke: 87% light transmission
Yellow: 86% light transmission
Blue: 83% light transmission
Green and pink: Different manufacturer who doesn't list. I would assume 80%.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Once again noodile's ADHD gets away from him. :D

Dark Smoke: 67% light transmission
Light Smoke: 87% light transmission
Yellow: 86% light transmission
Blue: 83% light transmission
Green and pink: Different manufacturer who doesn't list. I would assume 80%.
Crap, my ADHD caught up with me :(

what price are you guys thinking? i'll probably be interested in "Light Smoke"

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just had another brainstorm with burton. We're going to work on developing practice instructions and a piece of practice tint that you get right then peel off before actual installation.

Prices are going to be $30 shipped for the Koup headlights, practice strip and fog lights set; $23 for just the headlights and practice strip. We are working on buying stock while our threads are blowing up tonight, so paypal to [email protected] and a follow-up e-mail gaurantees stock purchase of your selected type.

I would like to invite any Sedan with fog lights owners coming through San Antonio to swing by so we can get a trace, just PM me. I am a gracious hostess.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.