Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother was driving my koup the other day, he had his little puppy with him and the dog jumped into his lap and caused him to jerk the wheel into a metal trash can. The entire passenger side fender is scratched/dented, the turn signal on the mirror is cracked, the hood has some scratches, and the front bumper has some scratches.

Think insurance would cover it?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My brother was driving my koup the other day, he had his little puppy with him and the dog jumped into his lap and caused him to jerk the wheel into a metal trash can. The entire passenger side fender is scratched/dented, the turn signal on the mirror is cracked, the hood has some scratches, and the front bumper has some scratches.

Think insurance would cover it?
Pets should be leashed or caged in a car. It could easily have been a pedestrian and not a garbage can that he hit.
Insurance will probably cover it but that will increase your rates plus the deductable cost, so sometimes it isn't worth going through them for something that may cost 1000 to fix.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
How's the trash can?!

Haha I'm kidding.. Anyways that sucks man, if I were you just visit an auto body shop, the damage appears to be only cosmetic nothing serious. Maybe even consider buying a touch up paint pen.

Touch-up Paint Pen(2010) Savage Kia Parts

Kia Forte Koup Accessories

(kiaaccessorystore is 20 cents cheaper lol if you're wondering, you have to register for the site and it's free shipping, that's what I bought)

Anyways good luck man

·
Registered
641 Posts
Insurance fraud, good idea....:rolleyes:

Bumper, fender, hood, and turn signal...that's likely to be at least $2000 at a decent body shop to fix it "right".

Would get an estimate and present it to your brother...

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Insurance fraud, good idea....:rolleyes:

Bumper, fender, hood, and turn signal...that's likely to be at least $2000 at a decent body shop to fix it "right".

Would get an estimate and present it to your brother...
Well my insurance deductables are 50 comp/250 collision. I've never claimed anything on my insurance in my whole life. I've been with State Farm for over 7 years, I'm hoping I can just claim it without a premium increase.

·
Registered
641 Posts
And your brother is a good guy and will take responsibility and pay for the deductible and any increase in premium right? Or at least offer, whether you accept or not.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I crushed my bumper cover on the right side, right where the fog light is. I had it done at the body shop at my KIA dealer, and it ran me 800 dollars. That was for a new bumper cover, paint, new fog light insert, new wheel well cover thing, and new windshield washer reservoir.

All I can say is that they did an amazing job, and can't even tell where it was smashed.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I crushed my bumper cover on the right side, right where the fog light is. I had it done at the body shop at my KIA dealer, and it ran me 800 dollars. That was for a new bumper cover, paint, new fog light insert, new wheel well cover thing, and new windshield washer reservoir.

All I can say is that they did an amazing job, and can't even tell where it was smashed.
If it's that cheap to fix mine, I will just pay outright cash. If it's closer to 2000 then insurance baby.

·
Registered
60 Posts
how's the trash can?!

Haha i'm kidding.. Anyways that sucks man, if i were you just visit an auto body shop, the damage appears to be only cosmetic nothing serious. Maybe even consider buying a touch up paint pen.

touch-up paint pen(2010) savage kia parts

kia forte koup accessories

(kiaaccessorystore is 20 cents cheaper lol if you're wondering, you have to register for the site and it's free shipping, that's what i bought)

anyways good luck man
lmao!!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts