·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im new member

I just bought forte koup EX 2 weeks ago

I just found out that my koup makes some weird noise

its like something is shaking from inside of car

rattling or cracking? I dont even know how to explain..

Im not really sure, but probably back of passanger side?

Its either from door side, seat, or ceiling?

This happens all the times when I go on some rough area

and it makes me crazy!! cuz mine is just brand new

anyone had same problem like I did?? if so, please help me out!!

I if go to dealership, are they gonna able to fix this??

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sound like the back glass???
A squeeky chatter??
I am just asking. I think i had a similar sound on my 4dr when cold out.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Try moving your passenger seat to the fully upright position. I had a slight rattling sound over rough patches and found that it was part of the passenger seat (when no one's in it) and it stopped when I put the seat upright.

·
Registered
696 Posts
It wouldn't be the passenger seat belt hitting the interior side panel?
x2. That's what it turned out to be on mine. At least for the interior rattle, still waiting on the dealership to replace my front bumpstops and strut boots. :/

·
Registered
38 Posts
x2. That's what it turned out to be on mine. At least for the interior rattle, still waiting on the dealership to replace my front bumpstops and strut boots. :/
I waited 2 months for the parts for the strut boots, and it turns out they didnt even need them. When did you take your car in? There has been a service bulletin released and it should be a relatively easy fix.

How did you fix the seatbelt issue?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Shaun, there's tsb KT2010022602 for the sunroof making noise. Theres another tsb KT2009101602 for door skin rattle front & back. Another one for wheel bearings (may not relate, but does create vibration/noise). There were a couple for the front & back windows. But, that might have been for wind noise.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Open you door (driver side), on the sill you will see a "sticker" that indicates recommended tire pressure as well as manufactured date.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Shaun, there's tsb KT2010022602 for the sunroof making noise. Theres another tsb KT2009101602 for door skin rattle front & back. Another one for wheel bearings (may not relate, but does create vibration/noise). There were a couple for the front & back windows. But, that might have been for wind noise.
I know that mine in not the one with sunroof

because im pretty sure the noise comes from back

at first, I thought it would be the door skin rattle, but the the tsb said

it happens when closing doors, so it's not the one.

also, the wheel bearings would not be the one cuz

my noise comes from rear.. I thought it might be from speaker, but

it still happen when the radio is off

what should i do??

anyway thnaks everyone for helping me out

·
Registered
64 Posts
Just because the noise is coming from the back doesn't mean it can't be a wheel bearing, your rear wheels have bearings too... It's not like it's a Rear Wheel Drive car where you would have an Axle.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went to dealer today
they said my forte koup is not related with the door skin issue
but mine is related with the sunroof tsb! so they fixed for me
I was so upset because when i was at the dealer,
the noise didnt come out so they had to do with sunroof tsb
but when i was coming back home, the noise started again!!
its hard to hear when the radio is on cuz its not that loud noise
but when my radio is off, i can hear that.. like pop pop pop from rear

·
Registered
696 Posts
I waited 2 months for the parts for the strut boots, and it turns out they didnt even need them. When did you take your car in? There has been a service bulletin released and it should be a relatively easy fix.

How did you fix the seatbelt issue?
Took my car in a little over a week ago, and they called me today saying the parts were in and setup an appointment for this afternoon. Pretty quick by my standards!

The seatbelt issue I fixed by getting BMW seatbelt holders that attach to the headrests. No more seatbelt to side plastic contact AND I dont have to reach behind the seat to get my belt anymore.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have found one more theory on the interir plastic noise which comes from rear
and it gets worse on colder weather! when the weather is pretty nice, the noise dont appear i guess
anyone has same problem??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey shaun, i just had a koup come in today with the exact same problem you described, if you could go out to the vehicle and check the pass rear inner wheel well cover towards the back of the bumper (just below where the rear bumper meets the quarter panel) if it seems really loose thats your problem. i just checked a couple of new koups that arrived today and a few of them were loose making a noise. hope this helps

1 - 20 of 26 Posts