Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know. I just got rear ended in a hit and run. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. Looks like new bumper, and crashed under neath will need to be fixed.

I was at dead stop, he hot hard enough to open the sunroof cover.

Will post more details as I have them.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
ooh that sucks! sorry to hear about this.. it has been a bad month for us kia drivers it seems.
hope you can catch this person, and glad that your ok.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well glad your ok..Dam the sunroof opened from the hit.. sounds like the frame would be messed up bad

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...I will be going to a doctor just to make sure....

@chester22...the sunroof didn't open just the cover inside the car did. The tan piece slide back about 4 inches.

I looked at my bumper as I just got home. Bumper is cracked right through, I plate light is also toast. As for displacing the bumper. It actually still looks fine at the gaps, amazing as that sounds.

I highly doubt they will find the guy. Going to reporting station in morning and calling insurance as well. If I can get some pics tomorrow I'll put them up.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
Dang the luck! If you were at a busy intersection or at least in-town make sure to check if there were any cameras (ATM, bank, red-light, etc) to try to get the loser.

Good luck!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Damm....sorry to hear the bad news Fox.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Sad news!! Glad you're OK. The good thing about hit and run is that you don't pay any deductible (at least in Québec)!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no air bags didn't go off thank god.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Report has now been filled and Claims adjuster is going to call in the next 3 hours. Will keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well Guy...Qupte is in for visable damage only....

$1350 Canadian for the two pieces of the bumper..this does not include yet anything underneath like the foam or anything else. Good news is I have it booked already for the first week of January. Since in Ontario and this was a hit and run...til they find the other driver I am responsible for my deductable by classified as not-at-fault...therefore no premium changes. If they find driver deductable will be reembersed to me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
With the quote based on visible it will go up. I was rear ended before in a pickup while stopped for a light but I was hit hard enough for the frame to be damaged to the point it was totaled.

I am still dealing with the back and neck pains over a year later. Don't be surprised if you don't feel much pain now it comes on worse in a couple months as the muscles and bones settle in.

I hope the get the bozo.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^^Yeah I'm aware the quote will go up but I only need pay the deductable. As for and pains I will be seeing a doctor to be checked out this way if any pains come up they can go back to the claim for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.