Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
It also sqeezes, bangs, and blows. Sounds good.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Price it the cost of a 3" cone filter and a little bit of time. I did it back in February. I love the sound of it. I left the bottom half of the stock air box in place so I didn't have to remount the ECU. Plus I figure then at least some fresh air is still getting fed to it through the stock ram air assembly.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It not a literal Factory SRI, it's just called that because you use factory Parts.

All you need is to remove the stock airbox, and all the extra piping.

Use the stock tube from the engine to the airbox, put a filter at the end of it (3" filter of your choice, spectre or K&N). in my case, the stock tube was so soft, so i also had to get a 3 inch long pipe that's 2.5" in diameter and slipped it in there and clamped everything together.

then get 3 long zip ties, tie your ECU on to something, use some padding for extra security. and you're done.
oh, and use a piece of your airbox bracket (there's a bracket on the side of it) use it to secure the ECU

if people are truely intrested i'll make you guys a quick Video on how to do it.

Total Cost:

$22 filter
$ 5 Clamps and zipties (get the good stuff)
$ 3 piping
---------------
$30 dollars total.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used part of the airbox mounting and i used that bracket to lock the ecu in place.
you can se it in this picture vvvv

and in this one too, i also zip tied it to 2 different spots.

and here you can see part of the zip tie, then some rubber like piece that i used to cushion it so it doesn't wiggle around and doesnt bump into anything.

and here's the final result, sorry its a night shot, but i forgot to take a morning one. It looks like i have a HUGE gap all the way to the bottom. it's not as cluttery as it looks.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
in my case, the stock tube was so soft, so i also had to get a 3 inch long pipe that's 2.5" in diameter and slipped it in there and clamped everything together.
I may have to try this, I just posted on the other "factory" SRI thread about problems with the soft rubber causing the tube to have a V crease in it.

You just used 3" PVC?

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Noodile can you further explain what you did with the three inch pipe? Did you just put it inside the existing tubing and clamp the filter over it? Mine has a problem with making a hissing or whistling sound and I think it's because the stock tubing is soft like you said and creating a small leak.

Also, the stock tubing is 3" in diameter right? I know half an inch isn't much but is a 2.5" diameter pipe large enough? Would a 2.75" or a 3" pipe work better?

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll take a video in the morning, i've been partying too much tonight so i'll take care of it when i wake up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.