Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Koupers & Non Koupers,

This is a small idea how to make ur car's trunk flips like an automatic doors ;)

·
Registered
436 Posts
I WANT THAT. When I approach the car with 2 armloads of groceries, it'd sure be nice if the trunk would open by itself. I thought about looking for stronger rods, but your way looks cheaper. :)

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea, that does look pretty nice, I like that the trunk doesn't swing open too quickly, it slowly opens :]. Nice hack. I would just be worried that the bungee cord would scratch off some of the paint where it is hooked to?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
now that is one sweet smart low tech fix!
and here i was thinking there was something wrong with my trunk lid for not popping open upon clicking the button......good job!

·
Registered
121 Posts
woah awesome DYI!! and i think if u just take some electrical tape and wrap the hooks of the bunjie cord the paint should be fine.

·
Registered
644 Posts
woah awesome DYI!! and i think if u just take some electrical tape and wrap the hooks of the bunjie cord the paint should be fine.
Yea, I figured it was easily fixable, but just wanted to put the idea out there, that the metal + paint might not be a great idea. :) Thanks for offering a solution, I should have included one in my original post.

·
Registered
139 Posts
This is a simple great idea. I think I will have to do this. I have some bunjies with plastic covers on the hooks. They never scratched the paint on my motorcycle so I bet they would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
what length bungi's did you use. i so wanna do this.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Well done!

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yea, I figured it was easily fixable, but just wanted to put the idea out there, that the metal + paint might not be a great idea. :) Thanks for offering a solution, I should have included one in my original post.
i was thinking a slip tube of some heavy duty hose of some sort - dont have to worry about the sticky oozing out/melting in the heat- and much more wear protection over the years..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bringing it back from the dead perhaps but 13 inch bugees seem to work well for me :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
I cant seem to see where he latches the cord to, any insight anyone?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I had to use two, one on each side, but it sure is slick!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts