Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I added my latest mod.

Magnaflow muffler.

The guys at Noyzboyz Performance Exhaust installed it for me. They cut off the OEM muffler and allowed me to hear a few different mufflers.

I settled on a Magnaflow.
It was a choice between the Magnaflow and a Aero.

The new sound is so much better than the OEM. A much lower and growl :)
The Aero was nice too, but a tad louder, however it would get annoying on the longer trips.

All in all, I am pleased :)

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I was hoping to get these guys on as a future vendor/sponsor for our events! How much Did it come to? How was the experience?

Yesterday I added my latest mod.

Magnaflow muffler.

The guys at Noyzboyz Performance Exhaust installed it for me. They cut off the OEM muffler and allowed me to hear a few different mufflers.

I settled on a Magnaflow.
It was a choice between the Magnaflow and a Aero.

The new sound is so much better than the OEM. A much lower and growl :)
The Aero was nice too, but a tad louder, however it would get annoying on the longer trips.

All in all, I am pleased :)

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I had completely forgotten to take any pics :(
But the procedure was pretty simple:
-they first cut off the OEM muffler,
- then they held in place several different mufflers and started the Koup.
- we all listen and smiled...hahaha, as the Koup was real quiet going in.
- as I posted before, I also liked the Aero muffler, but that droning sound would get annoying (only IMO as others may like it)
- then they weld it in place.
- Noyzboyz could have sold me a new tip, but they said that the original dual Kia tip looks good.
- I of course agreed :)
- sorry did not even get into a sound chip.

The total cost............$201 (including all taxes)
It took just under an hour.

They guys at Noyzboyz are really knowledgeable and very friendly. I really appreciated the fact that they did not 'up sell' me on anything.
They are actually the experts in performance intallation for the "Vipers".

And of course there is a lifetime warranty on the Magnaflow.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
I had completely forgotten to take any pics :(
But the procedure was pretty simple:
-they first cut off the OEM muffler,
- then they held in place several different mufflers and started the Koup.
- we all listen and smiled...hahaha, as the Koup was real quiet going in.
- as I posted before, I also liked the Aero muffler, but that droning sound would get annoying (only IMO as others may like it)
- then they weld it in place.
- Noyzboyz could have sold me a new tip, but they said that the original dual Kia tip looks good.
- I of course agreed :)
- sorry did not even get into a sound chip.

The total cost............$201 (including all taxes)
It took just under an hour.

They guys at Noyzboyz are really knowledgeable and very friendly. I really appreciated the fact that they did not 'up sell' me on anything.
They are actually the experts in performance intallation for the "Vipers".

And of course there is a lifetime warranty on the Magnaflow.
Tx blkkoup for all this info!

I realy want to do this too as I REALY enjoy the sound of the magnaflow on my 99 V6 cougar!!
Could you give us the magnaflow model??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not to patronize anyone but something important to remember:

If the muffler you pic uses any kind of fiber baffling (like fiberglass in glasspacks or turbo mufflers)...they will get louder and deeper in tone as the material gets coated with soot and gets compressed from the heat.

Most flowmasters dont use fiber baffle material but they tend to be way too loud inside the car IMO.

I like a deep rumble but not if it drones inside the car and makes talking awkward or annoying trying to talk over muffler drone...which is why i like turbo mufflers...they tend not to drone and they have a deep ggressive sound on acceleration.

Congrats on the magnaflow...they do sound nice depending on the model...and the warranty is great.

i kept my stock tips as well bc they really do look good on the car.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So this is what happened, when the car was up on the hoist, and the oem muffler was removed, they guys (noyzboyz) took all these different models of mufflers to see which was the best fit, with no modification. Thus once we determined which of the models where the best fit, they held it in place and listened.
There were many magnaflows that I tried, but I think the model that I went with was '12865' I will comfirm that later.
The oem pipes are already 2 1/4, so they tell me that is a good flow already and I really did not need to change anything other than the muffler.

BTW: I am not mechanically inclined at all. Thus my knowledge level is quite bad. I hope I have answered all the questions asked. If not, I shall will try to get it answered for ya'll.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I wonder a how a borla turbo muffler would sound?

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hope these pics help: ( I used a flash, which I now thonk I should not have...as the muffler is not black like how it looks on the pic, its actually polished silver)

Attachments

·
Registered
708 Posts
needs videos .. it will get louder and mellow usually.. hopefully you still like it after that lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
It'd be great if you could upload a sound clip or vid for those of us (ME) that are on the fence about going this route. :D Just a thought...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts