Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think? Wheels and tires together were about $1000.00 US. I got a ridiculously good deal from a guy I know. I was actually leaning toward 17's at first but decided to see what I could stuff in those wheel wells :p

Also, a couple pictures of the intake I put together for the car. It sounds amazing. Not really related to the wheel forum but what the heck.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Those look good. I think a lot of spokes like what you have look good on sedans where less spokes like a classic 5 spoke look good on coupes. Good call on the 18's instead of the 17's. What kind of wheels are they?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great, but seems 18's would take a lot pf performance away from the car with the extra rotational mass weight.

·
Registered
36 Posts
where did you order that badge from? i have been looking for that one.

·
Registered
708 Posts
That depends a lot on what the wheels are made of.
this

not to mention their overall weight.. my stock rims (16s) weight 46 lbs or so with tires.. my 17s with tires weighed 41 lbs.. so while they're bigger they're 5 lbs less per corner.. that being said the rotational mass is pushed slightly further out.. it's not helping axle stress even though they are slightly lighter

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Those wheels look great, hmm maybe you should have somebody mix up some paint to match your body color for your brakes.. might be cool, you can have them put it in spray cans if its easier for you of course its a bit extra.

·
Registered
12 Posts
this

not to mention their overall weight.. my stock rims (16s) weight 46 lbs or so with tires.. my 17s with tires weighed 41 lbs.. so while they're bigger they're 5 lbs less per corner.. that being said the rotational mass is pushed slightly further out.. it's not helping axle stress even though they are slightly lighter
Thank you, youre the 1st person to give a weigh tfor the stock wheels.

Any idea what the 15" EX wheels with the steel/wheel covers weigh?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks nice!!!

She's begin' to be dropped now...

Congrats,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts