Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is my new Koup I got at the end of April. Decided to get the 2.0 EX in Black. I am really liking this car except for the framless doors because I am unable to get rain guards :( So far I added a nice system and a few minor things listed in my signature. Just felt like showing this off a little, pics aren't the greatest... enjoy!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I still would really like to get a spoiler for this bad boy but I contacted a dealership near me in Canada for the R lip spoiler and they said it would be around $600 without installation... forget it. So... I need some spoiler ideas. This one here seems like it might be nice... http://www.carid.com/2010-kia-forte-spoiler/item-83002.html Has anyone dealt with these people before and had good results? Thought about the Bright one but for $200 it seems like it's hardly noticeable on the car, maybe I'm wrong.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Thanks a lot. Nothing as fancy as some of the nice cars on here but hey, it's mine!!! :)

Just saw these on carID as well and was wondering if these are the right bulb sizes and is it just as simple as taking out the old bulb and putting in the replacement?

http://www.carid.com/2010-kia-forte-xenon-hid/factory-replacement-bulbs-67574.html
Interesting. I know it says forte however the ad also says for factory installed HiD kits. Forte doesn't have factory hids. The US and Canadian version use h11b bulb size so I doubt it's plug and play

Nice ride as well!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
coming along pretty good;) but the furry dice gotta go lol....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coming along pretty good;) but the furry dice gotta go lol....
Haha, my mother would kill me since they were a gift from her :p They are Buffalo Sabres dice... and to be honest, I don't really like em all that much either haha!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting. I know it says forte however the ad also says for factory installed HiD kits. Forte doesn't have factory hids. The US and Canadian version use h11b bulb size so I doubt it's plug and play

Nice ride as well!!!
hmm... yeah, I did see that it said factory installed HID system as well. I would like to get these types of headlights but installing one of these HID systems seems like a pain in the arse. I don't trust myself enough to remove the headlight housing and start messing with electrical stuff. What would really help is if I could install my own spoiler. That would save a good chunk of change.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's nice to see a fellow Buffalonian on here. I have yet to see another Forte Koup on the street around here.
Hey neighbor... it took over a month but I saw a titanium colored one the other day. Haven't seen a sedan yet though.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I still would really like to get a spoiler for this bad boy but I contacted a dealership near me in Canada for the R lip spoiler and they said it would be around $600 without installation... forget it. So... I need some spoiler ideas. This one here seems like it might be nice... Custom Style - Lighted Rear Spoiler (2DR) - 2010 Kia Forte Spoiler Has anyone dealt with these people before and had good results? Thought about the Bright one but for $200 it seems like it's hardly noticeable on the car, maybe I'm wrong.

You can actually find quite a few aftermarket spoilers on ebay, some look almost identical to the dealer installed R spoiler however, doesn't have the centre mounted light as per dealer install. A lot cheaper, but still have to pay for install and prime/paint. Hope this helps. Just search Kia Koup and you will have results.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
You can actually find quite a few aftermarket spoilers on ebay, some look almost identical to the dealer installed R spoiler however, doesn't have the centre mounted light as per dealer install. A lot cheaper, but still have to pay for install and prime/paint. Hope this helps. Just search Kia Koup and you will have results.
Yeah man, to be honest I have scoured ebay for spoilers and wasn't overly impressed with what I seen. I wanted the R one but my pockets just aren't that deep for a spoiler. The Bright one looks decent but isn't as pronounced as I would like. The one I linked to in my post above looks like it might come out real nice if installed properly. I originally didn't want a lip style spoiler but after seeing the R one I really liked it. Now I think the lip style spoilers compliment the body style better. I don't know what to do... hehe

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought the Bright lip spoiler for my Koup and i like it a lot.
That's cool! I am still up in the air about the Bright lip spoiler. It certainly seems like the easiest one to install... that's a plus :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do like the stock rims on this car but I was thinking maybe next summer I would pick up some rims and tires to give it a little more flavor. Then use the stock rims and throw some snow tires on those for the winters here.

Can anyone here recommend a few websites to check out for rims and tires that are not crazy expensive? I believe right now my rims are 16's on the EX but I am not positive. I have seen a few people with these DDR rims and I think they look real sweet.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone know where I can get an 8 ball shift knob? I am a pool player and it would be freaking awesome if one could be found. I'm sure some others here might be interested as well.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Nice wheels. They should fit fine.

For the 8 ball, I would just do a quick search on eBay.

And I share the same opinion as you on the lip spoilers. The bright lip spoiler is decent but not enough emphasis for anyone to even know it's there. I like the "R" lip spoiler because it's more noticeable but I'm deciding if I wanna save up for that or wait till something cheaper and similar comes out.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts