Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I had the grill and spoiler put on that I had ordered. I'm waiting on my lowering kit and exhaust now. It sucks waiting :p

I had the grill painted red- but I'm thinking about getting it painted black- what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
Spoiler looks good...what brand is it...who makes it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RockAweaR- I was in between the sequence spoiler and the one I got. Actually, I was leaning very heavily towards the sequence because from the side it is so sweet with the lines of the car. However, the view from the back made me change my mind after I saw the exact same spoiler on Forte Sedan. To be perfectly honest, I'm still not sure I made the right decision on the spoiler.

ForteSX2.4- I'm going to be totally honest with you- I don't know the name or the brand. I'm not fluent in Korean and when I went to the shop here in Korea I had my girlfriend translate for me and I approved the pictures. Here is the same spoiler from a site that has been posted all over these boards though: SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
That's the same pictures I chose the spoiler from- sorry I can't be more helpful.

Seems like everyone is going with black as the choice and I'm thinking sort of the same thing. I wonder something though- how do you think it would look if I painted all the black parts at the bottom red and replaced the bottom grill/vent (not sure of the proper term) with a mesh grill/vent? I worked with it on the paint program on the computer and still can't come to a conclusion-- I'm thinking it might look pretty good.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
RockAweaR- I was in between the sequence spoiler and the one I got. Actually, I was leaning very heavily towards the sequence because from the side it is so sweet with the lines of the car. However, the view from the back made me change my mind after I saw the exact same spoiler on Forte Sedan. To be perfectly honest, I'm still not sure I made the right decision on the spoiler.

ForteSX2.4- I'm going to be totally honest with you- I don't know the name or the brand. I'm not fluent in Korean and when I went to the shop here in Korea I had my girlfriend translate for me and I approved the pictures. Here is the same spoiler from a site that has been posted all over these boards though:SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
That's the same pictures I chose the spoiler from- sorry I can't be more helpful.

Seems like everyone is going with black as the choice and I'm thinking sort of the same thing. I wonder something though- how do you think it would look if I painted all the black parts at the bottom red and replaced the bottom grill/vent (not sure of the proper term) with a mesh grill/vent? I worked with it on the paint program on the computer and still can't come to a conclusion-- I'm thinking it might look pretty good.
Thanks...Another site for Kia accessories!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Hey that looks great! I think you should go black like the others have said. It just makes the black on the front of the car stand out... imo. Anyway, does that antenna you have on your car come standard? Or did you buy it??? B/c i've been looking for an antenna like that for a whileeeee!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I wonder something though- how do you think it would look if I painted all the black parts at the bottom red and replaced the bottom grill/vent (not sure of the proper term) with a mesh grill/vent? I worked with it on the paint program on the computer and still can't come to a conclusion-- I'm thinking it might look pretty good.
IMHO, I wouldn't do that. It would look so much better if you just did the grill black. It looks good red, but like most have already said...PAINT IT BLACK!! Oh yeah!...the Stones said that too, so you gotta do it!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fas93- I thought the shark fin was an antenna also, but it turns out that it is nothing but a decoration. The antenna is actually in the back window- go figure. I found that out when I was having the camera installed on the back- the guy was telling me I could put the camera on the fin. Anyway, the fin comes standard over here, but I saw many of them in the couple shops I've been to for accessories around here- very easy to get your hands onto.

Jeff- I will put a vote into the red category- just because I'm not a big fan of the Stones :p Just joking- thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Jeff- I will put a vote into the red category- just because I'm not a big fan of the Stones :p Just joking- thanks for the advice.
Neither am I :p- not joking:rolleyes: Just thought of that after I wrote "paint it black" that's the reason I said it. Now take that vote back out of the red category!:cool:

·
Registered
202 Posts

ForteSX2.4- I'm going to be totally honest with you- I don't know the name or the brand. I'm not fluent in Korean and when I went to the shop here in Korea I had my girlfriend translate for me and I approved the pictures. Here is the same spoiler from a site that has been posted all over these boards though: SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories

WOW THE FORTE IN THE WEBSITE LOOKS AWESOME!!!! i REALLY LIKE THOSE GRAPHICS ON THE CAR!!!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Fas93- I thought the shark fin was an antenna also, but it turns out that it is nothing but a decoration. The antenna is actually in the back window- go figure. I found that out when I was having the camera installed on the back- the guy was telling me I could put the camera on the fin. Anyway, the fin comes standard over here, but I saw many of them in the couple shops I've been to for accessories around here- very easy to get your hands onto.
Now I wish I lived in korea.... :( I think I'm gonna order the antenna from korean auto imports. Korean Auto Imports. This one looks the same as yours.... I hope it fits....

·
Registered
511 Posts
Now I wish I lived in korea.... :( I think I'm gonna order the antenna from korean auto imports. Korean Auto Imports. This one looks the same as yours.... I hope it fits....
I'd be careful with this one. To my eye it looks like a dummy antenna - not real. It would require you to remove your existing antenna to make it fit and then you wouldn't have an antenna at all. As the original poster said - his antenna is in his rear window (in the glass).

·
Registered
511 Posts
Here is the same spoiler from a site that has been posted all over these boards though: SupeRich Motors | Car Accessories | SUV Accessories | Truck Accessories
What I like in these pictures is the rear emblem on that car. Something totally different. But I didn't see them offered for sale.

Of course, it might be saying something derogatory about my mother for all I know... :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fas93- it's not an antenna- it's just a shark fin decoration. That shark fin (link you posted) is the exact same as what I have on my car. They come in many different sizes, but that is the size that is on my car.

lleader- I was told by my girlfriend that the Chinese writing on that badge says "Forte." She could be mistaken or lying- but I wouldn't put it past her to make me have something stupid on my car so other women think I'm retarded :p She doesn't like that the car gets a lot of looks and girls asking to ride.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Fas93, i definately want the same antenna as you...looking everywhere....i order one from ebay...its the same one they have from the optima.....but then the seller said he not sure if it will fit for the forte...so i cancelled the order...let me know if you find one...

am waiting for someone to post pics up of the sequence spoiler as well....just dont like how it looks from the back with so much gap...but love the side view.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i got the same spoiler its supposed to b in this week i cant wait!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts