Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Guys
im been looking on here on and off for a bit now. so i figured id say hello.

my name is Dave and im 23. I have a 2010 EX Sedan, im a Security guard/Volly Firefighter from Nova Scotia, Canada

**Mods...**
De-badge the "Forte" & "EX"
Re-badged with the "k"
Added Fogs
Added Audi Lights(been removed) :(
added Taillight Covers
Added pedal covers

**In the Mail...**
Switch backs
Rain Guards
LED Switchback Strips
Reflective Striping

**Soon To Come **
LED Tails
Strobe 3rd brake
Spoiler

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/1041/31526205.jpg

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Welcome to the forums, the more Canadians the better.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
howdy from florida-
you got the spoiler/seller already in mind? if not- check out elite spoliers -based out of texas- they have 2 for the forte available ( lol- i dont rep them- but i did buy mine there and was more than pleased w/the cost and look of it)

also- your 3rd brake lite strobe? got a place to get one yet? (if not- i know a few sites that have that- also- they have a module for the main brakes -where you can adjust the flash rate from the dash or turn it off completely)

loved my visit (even if work related) stay at halifax :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey from nova scotia! I just got my Koup 2 days ago and am loving it. Naturally I trolled around the forums for months and joined other forums......civics, mazda...etc but i'm so glad i got my kia.

I'm in sydney, if you're in sydney i think i may have seen your forte, i noticed a sedan with the same color with a K badge the other day, i told my girlfriend "hey! they care about their forte, i have to meet them"

Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey from nova scotia! I just got my Koup 2 days ago and am loving it. Naturally I trolled around the forums for months and joined other forums......civics, mazda...etc but i'm so glad i got my kia.

I'm in sydney, if you're in sydney i think i may have seen your forte, i noticed a sedan with the same color with a K badge the other day, i told my girlfriend "hey! they care about their forte, i have to meet them"

Welcome to the forums.

Wait, was that you at the Lights in Bras d'Or Next to the Lick-a-Chick?

tampajoey- i seen V-leds but if you have another site, id love to see it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wait, was that you at the Lights in Bras d'Or Next to the Lick-a-Chick?

tampajoey- i seen V-leds but if you have another site, id love to see it!
It may have been, not sure. If it was this weekend then it was either friday or sunday. I grew up in Inverness so i was going home to show off my new koup to all my friends. I live in Sydney now, just started a job with the provincial dept. of finance. We're actually working on a project to get firefighters employee self-service...although i don't think volunteers are in that umbrella.

I just got my koup friday and i already have 600km on it. The only time i stopped driving it was to wash and wax it. On the plus side i still haven't burnt off the free gas that came with it. Not as good mileage as my old rio but it can go up a hill.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there arnt many Fortes around here. Silver 4 door driven by a old women,
Red with bug deflector is a Teacher here in Florence
one white one in Sydport every now and again
and a Blue one with a New Brunswich plate.
those are the only ones i see.

·
Registered
316 Posts
there arnt many Fortes around here. Silver 4 door driven by a old women,
Red with bug deflector is a Teacher here in Florence
one white one in Sydport every now and again
and a Blue one with a New Brunswich plate.
those are the only ones i see.
I see a titanium SX koup drive down george street every morning. Depending on if i'm late for work or not it's either coming down with an old man and woman or coming up with just the old woman. They're even more rare in Inverness where everyone is still "chevrolet makes the best cars and cars from anywhere but america are shit".

My gf's father drove his neighbors new 2011 sonata and thought it was a mercedes....it wasn't even the top-of-the-line sonata.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I see a titanium SX koup drive down george street every morning. Depending on if i'm late for work or not it's either coming down with an old man and woman or coming up with just the old woman. They're even more rare in Inverness where everyone is still "chevrolet makes the best cars and cars from anywhere but america are shit".

My gf's father drove his neighbors new 2011 sonata and thought it was a mercedes....it wasn't even the top-of-the-line sonata.

lol KIA isnt what it was 10 years ago....when i called my mother from the dealership and told her i was looking at a KIA she was like " a KIA? what the hell are you looking at them for?"

so when i pulled into the driveway she said "Thats A KIA??!!"
heh it was great.

·
Registered
316 Posts
lol KIA isnt what it was 10 years ago....when i called my mother from the dealership and told her i was looking at a KIA she was like " a KIA? what the hell are you looking at them for?"

so when i pulled into the driveway she said "Thats A KIA??!!"
heh it was great.
Same, when my jetta broke down i had to get a cab to the dealership. The cabbie was like "oh so you're buyin a kia?" i said "i hope so" he replied "why?"

I told him i loved the car and that it was way better than any civic/corolla/mazda3 and he didn't say a think after that.....also charged me $10 which i thought was pretty steep from george street to grand lake rd.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same, when my jetta broke down i had to get a cab to the dealership. The cabbie was like "oh so you're buyin a kia?" i said "i hope so" he replied "why?"

I told him i loved the car and that it was way better than any civic/corolla/mazda3 and he didn't say a think after that.....also charged me $10 which i thought was pretty steep from george street to grand lake rd.

lol its $12 from North Syd to Florence...its only like a 6-9km from the Bar to home. i will say that i like KIA but HATE McDonald KIA. They Smashed my Forte before Xmas last year and tried to give it back with the bumper hanging off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts