Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well as you can clearly tell, i wrecked my car. i rear-ended somebody on the highway in rush hour traffic. surprisingly, the jeep that was in front of me really didnt have much damage. just some scrapes from where my car hit it. now, my car on the other hand didnt come out too well. the fluid on the ground is what i guess to be radiator fluid. the radiator was completely cracked and bent into the car. the headlights are both gone, new grill, lower bumper had a crack in it, and obviously the hood is bad.

it has already been towed to the body shop and insurance is going to take care of it but i was curious as to if there was anything i could do as far as getting the body shop to get after market items such as a CF hood. i'll be needing a new one anyways and wouldnt mind paying the difference but im not sure how to go about that. anybody on here know what im talking about?

ive already printed out and sent the invoice for that grill that i just got so i'll be reimbursed for that(thank god) but i was just real curious about a cf hood. and if they arent able to do that, then would they be able to paint it black?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
aidens! :( that sucks bro! hopefully shes back together soon! best of luck

·
Registered
638 Posts
Ew don't just paint the stock hood black. You aren't the owner of a late 90's model civic ex.

Sucks about the accident, but I doubt the body shop will order a cf hood for you and install it even if you paid up. That's a bit more work then the average lazy mechanic would like to do.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Sorry about the accident. As far as I know the insurance company will basically write you a check cost of the estimate. With that check you can do whatever you want.

Here is a link with more information

How do I receive my car insurance claim money?

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
That really sucks man. If for whatever reason the CF hood is cheaper than the stock hood than your insurance company has a good chance of buying the CF hood. As far as painting it black they might just order the hood for a black Koup. Personally I wouldn't get a hood that's just painted black unless you want to match your grille and the piano black plastic on the fogs and bumper. Your choice, but definitely try to get that CF hood. All in all, it could had been worse, glad you're alright and good luck with the repairs man.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
If the headlights are good but the glass is busted, I would love to take them off your hands!

·
Registered
205 Posts
damn! now that sucks. gives me chills wondering if something happen to my car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts