Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So from what I have seen anyway, I guess I am the first person to get into a serious accident with my forte. A 91 year old lady made a left turn in front of me on the highway where I was going approximately 50 mph and couldn't avoid her but I managed to hit the brakes before tboning her. My car was towed to an autobody shop which is closed on weekends so I have to wait til Monday to go see how it looks. And waiting for my geico rep to inspect it... The good news is I walked away the least injured of the 3 cars involved in the accident, my only injury is burns from the airbag. And of course the emotional scarring of tainting my brand new car of which I just made my 2nd payment on the day of the accident.. I'll post pictures on Monday when I go see the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Ohhh... what a bad news ....:( !! There's no major injury, this is the most important thing !!! :rolleyes:

Nick

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I hope your doing well!!!

I would also be extremely sad if my Forte got into an accident...

On another note, how were the air bags? Did the side air bags deploy?

·
Registered
486 Posts
I am such a bad driver i fully expected to be the first one to make a post like this. I already had my title in my head of "The hottest forte mod yet!" followed shortly by pictures of my koup mashed in. I am sorry to hear about your car but glad you walked away!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only airbag that deployed was my front airbag, the side airbags did not deploy.
I don't really remember hitting the airbag, but I do have burns on my forearm from where it came out, so I guess I did. Other than that my door was easy to open and fine, the hood was smashed up pretty bad, and somehow the rear drivers side door was crumpled and I don't think I got hit from the side so maybe it is ripple damage? I will have to really look on Monday, they didn't want me to walk around much after the accident to really get a good look at the car.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
OOOOH Man Thiefness I'm sorry to hear about your little Car glad your ok and that the air bags did work.. ooh and since I also have the same insurance please tell us how they treat you /take care of you and your car.
again glad your ok and glad to hear are cars are safer then most!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
So sorry to hear about your car but glad your okay. Where did it happen? Hopefully you'll have your car back and running soon.

·
Registered
567 Posts
i think my "no injury" you mean your neck will start hurting in a few days. TAKE GRANNY FOR EVERYTHING SHES WORTH FOR HURTING YOUR CAR! but seriously, glad you're okay dude

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol, yea, if I end up coming out behind, since if the car is totaled they will probably only reimburse me value of the car, then I will be suing her definitely. May as well sue for even my minor injuries and inconveniences as well, anything is better than nothing.. lol Might have to upgrade to a koup in that case ;D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Goshhhh that's a harsh crash! Stupidd granny! She should know better! Damn, though, I am seriously glad that nothing is wrong with you! That's a scary thing to hear about!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thank goodness the car did it's job and protected you from serious injury. I hope you are well. The fatalistic part of me really wants to see what your car looks like (now that we know you are okay, it's like a crash in Nascar...). If it is a total loss, I hope the Gecko will replace the car... I was thinking about switching to All State, just beause they have "new car replacement" but I ended up with esurance because of the price. just glad to hear you are okay.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea, I haven't even seen the car myself since the day of the accident, and I didn't really walk around the car to see the extent of the damage, I just remember when I was sitting in the car the hood was almost too high for me to see over since it crumpled, the passenger door right behind where my door opens was smashed from the front toward the back. When I tried to put the car into Park, the shifter didn't want to move, so I kinda had to force it, and it made an unhappy sound.. lol There were also various parts littered on the highway which I don't know which car the belonged to including a smashed exhaust (almost flattened muffler), the headlights of the ladies car, and plenty of other shit. I did not even see the right side of my car, or get to see it from the front so I am curious to see as well..

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Hopefully your insurance will cover everything and you'll have your baby back on the road soon. Thankfully you weren't hurt in the accident. Were there any serious injuries? Let's hope, if there were, they are taken good care of and heal quickly.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The dealer pretty much pushed GAP insurance on me, which actually made sense. It covers the difference between the actual value and the amount owed. I am generally not a friend of lawyers, but a suit against granny should result in a fairly quick payout by her company because they generally don't want to piss money away in litigation. You may want to get the Doctor exam on yourself too, whiplash can take time to manifest itself.

Hope things work out in a timely manner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad you are OK!
I have GEICO as well, definately interested in what they have to say.
Keep us posted!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.