Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
Holy cow...Did you park behind a running jet engine?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I need to put a good one too!!! :) lol

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
looks like dust in the paint from the factory, mine has a paint run on the driver side door. the dealer already said that the will fix it at my first service!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Holy cow...Did you park behind a running jet engine?
no...just town!!!...12 000 k ....and Kia doesn't want to pay for a new paint....they said: it's just rock chip.....that's normal!!!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like dust in the paint from the factory, mine has a paint run on the driver side door. the dealer already said that the will fix it at my first service!!!!!
no...the car was alright when I bought it....your "dust" are roch chip but it seem like dust due to the focus of the camera.

ps: sorry for my english....I am french canadian.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,847 Posts
no...just town!!!...12 000 k ....and Kia doesn't want to pay for a new paint....they said: it's just rock chip.....that's normal!!!!!!
Inside the door handle depression? What kind of roads do you drive on...unpaved?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Inside the door handle depression? What kind of roads do you drive on...unpaved?
no...I live in a town (now in Québec city) and I never did an unpaved road!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that sucks they said it was stone chips, but it was worth a try any way.
...I still try with other way... "legal notice"

I still think it's because the paint is too thin...so it's a kia error's!

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
i will say that any scratch on the inside of the door handle CAN be(not is) caused just by your finger nails scratching it while opening the door. my old ford had it and my parents odessy got it over time just from that. try to open the door by putting your hand through the bottom of the handle instead of the top. i started doing that when i noticed it when i owned my black focus. the other chips, idk. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i will say that any scratch on the inside of the door handle CAN be(not is) caused just by your finger nails scratching it while opening the door. my old ford had it and my parents odessy got it over time just from that. try to open the door by putting your hand through the bottom of the handle instead of the top. i started doing that when i noticed it when i owned my black focus. the other chips, idk. just my 2 cents
I know that scratch inside the door are caused by the finger nail....but when I look the rest of the paint......that's the last of my troubles!!! lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ouch.. I find this paint is hard to take care of and I think kia went real cheap on the clear coat I've painted and spent much of my life around painter/car builders and I have a good idea that kia only did one... maybe two at the very beast coats of clear IMHO thats half are easy to scratch rock chip problems for the outside paint.. if they would have done 4 or 5 coats we'd be much happier people.
I guess thats part of the problem when we buy a 20,000 dollar car company has to cut a few corners ..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ouch.. I find this paint is hard to take care of and I think kia went real cheap on the clear coat I've painted and spent much of my life around painter/car builders and I have a good idea that kia only did one... maybe two at the very beast coats of clear IMHO thats half are easy to scratch rock chip problems for the outside paint.. if they would have done 4 or 5 coats we'd be much happier people.
I guess thats part of the problem when we buy a 20,000 dollar car company has to cut a few corners ..
I heard two different kia dealer's says that the black paint doesn't have clear coat!!!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
LOL Dealers don't know anything about paint..
also I can see there is a clear.. those white scratches give it away.. cause thats the clear being scratched first not the paint!
rock chips are too deep to show the kind of thing I'm talking about.. but I can promise you theres a clear coat all cars get it and if it didn't get a clear it would not be as shiny and B. the paint would not last very long even if you did wax it all the time.
but if you say so.. lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
LOL Dealers don't know anything about paint..
also I can see there is a clear.. those white scratches give it away.. cause thats the clear being scratched first not the paint!
rock chips are too deep to show the kind of thing I'm talking about.. but I can promise you theres a clear coat all cars get it and if it didn't get a clear it would not be as shiny and B. the paint would not last very long even if you did wax it all the time.
but if you say so.. lol
I heard something like a.....paint mixed with clear coat...something like that!! lol...I don't know many things about the car paint!!! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yikes,
I'll have to keep a lookout on mine. I guess I better get to waxing SOON!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey jp, I have a black koup and I have noticed a few chips as well, but not as much as you though. I know it must really suck.

On the other hand, you've got some really awesome rims!!!!! :) and your ride, with chips and all......LOOKS REALLY SWEET!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts