Kia Forte Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Honda.... Mazda.... Mitsubishi.... Hyundai....Kia....!!! Maybe more... Not the first who has some paint problem....and not the last for sure... !!! :rolleyes:

Nick

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hey jp, I have a black koup and I have noticed a few chips as well, but not as much as you though. I know it must really suck.

On the other hand, you've got some really awesome rims!!!!! :) and your ride, with chips and all......LOOKS REALLY SWEET!
thx!!!!....I will maybe post my car on the forte of the month contest....you will see more pics!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Paint chips and lots of them in places i've never seen problems before ! Do you have the oem mud guards installed ? A wider wheel with less +offset than stock can cause some serious paint issues as a lot more road debris will strike the bodywork .

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Paint chips and lots of them in places i've never seen problems before ! Do you have the oem mud guards installed ? A wider wheel with less +offset than stock can cause some serious paint issues as a lot more road debris will strike the bodywork .
I have oem mud guard an front deflector, I change the wheel from 16" to 17" but the offset still the same. Finaly, I have many rock chip on the back of the car!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow, jp, your car is full of little scratches! I thought my paint had problems...

There's lots of little scratches on my car's trunk... Don't know how those got there! And someone at college bumped their door with mine, so there's also a tiny white scratch on it.

I'm thinking of getting Turtle wax compound to get rid of them. And what can we do to prevent these? They're annoying!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Wow, jp, your car is full of little scratches! I thought my paint had problems...

There's lots of little scratches on my car's trunk... Don't know how those got there! And someone at college bumped their door with mine, so there's also a tiny white scratch on it.

I'm thinking of getting Turtle wax compound to get rid of them. And what can we do to prevent these? They're annoying!
this is something that looks like it would help a lot but not sure how cheap it is or what not

http://www.roadfly.com/features/paint-protection-film.html

other then that just try to always use clean micro towls/mitts
never touch car when dusty or dirty.
and its better to not touch the car at all but yeah lol
if going to car wash make sure to wash the scrub brush with the high pressure gun before you use it on your car.
I'm sure you already knew or heard all this before.. ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
this is something that looks like it would help a lot but not sure how cheap it is or what not

Paint Protection Film Review | Roadfly Automotive Community for How-To's, Help, Reviews and more.

if going to car wash make sure to wash the scrub brush with the high pressure gun before you use it on your car.
it's like a tint windows...it will have too much bubble!

·
Registered
27 Posts
it sucks to see so many little scratches here and there!
guess some regular waxing may help a bit.
i haven't had any stone chips yet, however today a stupid driver put a dent in my rear bumper when getting out of his parking :(

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
it sucks to see so many little scratches here and there!
guess some regular waxing may help a bit.
i haven't had any stone chips yet, however today a stupid driver put a dent in my rear bumper when getting out of his parking :(
that suck!!!!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
You're actually lucky for the amount you have at 12k. I have more chips than that some bigger and I have 3.5k km on mine. Took awhile with the paint pen to try and get many of them. Doesn't look good after pen but a little better then the chips showing. Very weaksauce paint job. Previous Pontiac was 3 years old and had way fewer chips than that and I actually went on a few gravel roads with that one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
You're actually lucky for the amount you have at 12k. I have more chips than that some bigger and I have 3.5k km on mine. Took awhile with the paint pen to try and get many of them. Doesn't look good after pen but a little better then the chips showing. Very weaksauce paint job. Previous Pontiac was 3 years old and had way fewer chips than that and I actually went on a few gravel roads with that one.
...I tought the color red did not have this problem....make a complain to Kia....you will don't lose anything anyway!!!!

they have so many difficults with their paint!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a new forte ex in spicy red with less than 500 mi on it. i sealed the paint with meguires tech wax 2 the day i bought it. a week later and a rock chip... argh.

Never did an unpaved rd despite the 3 mile saving shortcut i could take on my commute... always fgo the long, fresh paved way instead.

havent talked to the dealer yer but it will need a little touch up paint... rubbing compound didnt take it out. its just a little too deep.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have a new forte ex in spicy red with less than 500 mi on it. i sealed the paint with meguires tech wax 2 the day i bought it. a week later and a rock chip... argh.

Never did an unpaved rd despite the 3 mile saving shortcut i could take on my commute... always fgo the long, fresh paved way instead.

havent talked to the dealer yer but it will need a little touch up paint... rubbing compound didnt take it out. its just a little too deep.
fucking shit!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts

Paint Protection Film Review | Roadfly Automotive Community for How-To's, Help, Reviews and more.

That looks expensive :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't think I've ever touched my car... :D except for closing the trunk, when I touch just a tiny bit.

What is new to me, however, is waxing and anything further than washing my car with a sponge. I'll learn, I guess.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
today I did a complain to CAMVAP about my paint.....hope it will work!!!!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I need to put a good one too!!! :) lol
Just wanted to say that your rims look great! And the leds on the headlights are pretty sick too.

And at 12,000kms I've got 3 good sized rock chips and a couple of little flecks that are hardly noticeable. I plan to have them touched up next spring and then have a clear bra put on the hood, front bumper, mirrors, and fenders.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Just wanted to say that your rims look great! And the leds on the headlights are pretty sick too.

And at 12,000kms I've got 3 good sized rock chips and a couple of little flecks that are hardly noticeable. I plan to have them touched up next spring and then have a clear bra put on the hood, front bumper, mirrors, and fenders.
thx!!!!....how it cost for a clear bra?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a problem much like this one. My rear bumper's clear coat has faded off and the paint has become rough and dull in one spot/streak. Same with the roof. Plus, here in Florida we have love bugs. The hood of my forte is practically destroyed. The bugs were only left on for a day and the acid properties of their blood has already disintegrated my paint down to the metal. It's horrible. Kia won't even pay to fix it either. It's nearly driven me to trade my car in for something else. I don't need a warranty when they'll just tell me that they won't fix it because it's "natural" damage. OF COURSE IT'S NATURAL. What's the point of telling me I have some bad ass warranty if they won't fix anything!? It isn't right.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have a problem much like this one. My rear bumper's clear coat has faded off and the paint has become rough and dull in one spot/streak. Same with the roof. Plus, here in Florida we have love bugs. The hood of my forte is practically destroyed. The bugs were only left on for a day and the acid properties of their blood has already disintegrated my paint down to the metal. It's horrible. Kia won't even pay to fix it either. It's nearly driven me to trade my car in for something else. I don't need a warranty when they'll just tell me that they won't fix it because it's "natural" damage. OF COURSE IT'S NATURAL. What's the point of telling me I have some bad ass warranty if they won't fix anything!? It isn't right.
Holy shit that totally sucks :eek: I feel for you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
That sucks. Maybe you should see a body shop, get it cleaned up, and put on a good paint sealer or wax.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.