Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's been raining all night here in PA and I got up this morning went to my car and started it up. When I put my seltbelt on I noticed it was wet. My first reaction was because I had the door open and it was still raining but after looking at how the seatbelt would lie when I opened the door and for how wet the seatbelt is I decided that could not have been it at all. I mean this thing was SOAKED. So I unrolled the seatbelt all the way...and it was wet all the way down. No windows where open, the door wasn't cracked open or anything out of the ordinary. So I drove to work and examined it a bit closer...as much as I could do with no tools and in my work parking lot. The roof is dry as a bone, as is the floor. The plastic molding is dry. I opened up the door and took a look behind the rubber sealing material (that rests against the window to create a seal when the door is closed). Sure enough there were a few drops along when the rubber rests against the plastic molding. Removing the rubber sealing a bit more I could see that there were water dropplets on the *inside* of the metal frame work. Right between the end of the plastic molding and the metal, you could see it when you look through that 'empty space.' This definitely is not something I want to worry about especially if this has been happening everytime it rains (except maybe to a lesser degree that I haven't noticed it) So I need to do something about it.

Has anyone else had this problem? I want to take the molding off and see where this water is coming from. But I'd prefer to take it to a dealer but by the time I would get to one it would most likely be all dried up and if they can't 'reproduce' anything they might not do anything about it. I never had the seatbelt soaked before...and this isn't the hardest rainfall I've had since I got the car...which confuses me a bit more.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I had this issue when I first bought my car. Check all of your seals around the door and make sure none of them are bunched up or folded. Then check the rubber strips on the roof and make sure they are not tucked or folded into them selves. Lastly check the sunroof seal and make sure there isn't anything on it like dirt that could cause a slight gap.

That's what I did and I haven't had a problem since. I had the rain here too last night and when I got in my car, the seat belts were bone dry.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had this problem as well. I quess it was my door seal. So they are ordering it and were supposed to call me today but nothing yet.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I too had this happen. My dealer fixed it in a jiffy, it's a seal in the roof. They replaced the seal, and no more problems! That was almost a year ago too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this same issue last week I thought it was just me. I wanted to call the dealer but got caught up in some things, by the time I came back it was dry. Looks like I’ll have to wait till next time bcuz the dealer I take my koup 2 they are very particular and I’ll have to show them everything. Glade to know it’s not just me tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.