Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally bought a K&N drop-in air filter but decided I didn't want the hassle of oiling it. I set my sights on getting the Dryflow drop-in that AEM makes for the Koup SX-R. Luckily one of the moderators at the forum I run lives in Canada and stopped by a dealer there and got one and shipped it to me in the States.

The filter itself seems more substantial than the K&N. And of course I only need to worry about occasional cleaning but no worries about oiling. As far as performance and sound, it's only slightly better than stock with a little boost in throttle response.

The cool thing is it's the last filter I need to buy and it's a KIA part so the dealers here can't give me crap about an aftermarket performance part. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Welcome to the club. I had mine for six months now. Cleaned it twice.

A K&N may give you 4HP(totally clean) and this maybe 2HP totally clean. The thing is you can wash this everytime you wash your car. The total effective cleaning power of the filter is like 99% compared to 98 or so for the K&N when it's clean meaning it stops more than dirt than a K&N. Fast drying times mean the filter can be cleaned more often so you can take better advantage of the flow and no waiting to dry.

No warranty issue as it's a Kia part. You're saving money as it's washable so no filter to replace. No oil to buy($14 kit) which you can only use like 1-2 times. To clean this get a large bottle of Castrol Super Clean or Simple Green $5 cleans like >10 times.

You can also just give it a quick slap again a tire too to just knock dirt off because no oil so even easier to clean over K&N.

I love dryflow filters. When I heard they made a drop it for my car I had to get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts