Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have placed my order and am now waiting on my TK CAI and Exhaust system. According to my Fedex track number I should have it by Friday evening. Pictures and/or video of installation and before and after sounds soon to come!

I am very excited about these mods and hopefully soon I'll pick up some visual mods and the suspension parts. May possibly adjust my APS but im not sure if i want to bother with it yet. Where I have the Auto tranny I'm not really bothered by the dead spot.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Nice man congrats! What exhaust did u get? Excited to hear it

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Awesome! Good luck with everything and def keep us posted on the install and before and after sounds

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Anyone wanta lend me 500$ and get back 6? Lol rly fkn want this exhaust....I'm so good for it lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I like the burnt tips too. I don't know if the single tip comes burnt or not tbh, i didn't look into it but I hope it does lol I'm not going to be putting the exhaust on for another few weeks, where I live the roads are still covered in salt from the winter time so I've got to sit on the kit until we get a few more rain storms. Might end up waiting until the end of April :( Hopefully not though

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today I installed the TK CAI and took a few pictures of the finished result. The intake sounds mean when the throttle is wide open and I am impressed with it. I'll be installing the exhaust as well sometime soon, possibly next week.

Attachments

2,213 Posts
hope you got a lift and air tools.... the oem nuts are no joke. and if you're doing the cat, might as well take it to a shop. it was definatly worth the $100 they charged me. my knuckles are still hurtin! lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
suffolk! haha actually Altoona pa now, but i was in copiague for 11 years! goin in a week to visit sum friends wit the koup! i want to break it in by then still have onli 329 miles! so im juss ganna go driving around on the highway everyday after work!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've had my exhaust installed for about two weeks now and I have waited to get used to the car with the kit on it before I put up a post on how I like it... It's loud, that's for sure, and it turns heads so I guess I got what I wanted out of it as far as that goes. I had hoped for a bit of a deeper sound but it isn't bad at all. I also notice the hp increase with the CAI and Exhaust installed, especially when on the highway hitting speeds around 90-130 KPH. The tip did not conform with my rear bumper. I had to cut a piece of my bumper off to get the tip room to breathe, I'll post some pics later. I called the dealership and asked for a price on this bumper and they told me it was $87 CDN so I guess there isn't a huge loss there. I also didn't receive enough hardware to do the job. The kit came with 3 bolts. lock washers and lock nuts but 6 were required. I work in a shop and was doing this on my own hoist so finding a few bolts and cutting my bumper weren't huge disasters.

All in all after the small setbacks I enjoy this kit. The exhaust was all good looking stuff and I was really excited when I opened the package. As I said I'll post some pictures shortly. Thanks for the extra horsepower TK!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.