Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been on here for a while and just wanted to see how your sedan is holding up. I'm still pleased as punch with my Forte, 143K and still running strong! I did replace the struts but that's it besides the usual maintenance and consumables. Inside and out still looks almost new after 10 years; love me some Formula One wax. I've been running Prolong oil additive for the duration and the motor is still strong and sounds great (knock on wood). How's your 2010 holding up? Major failures?

·
Registered
138 Posts
2010 Forte EX still going strong at 389,000 miles. Nothing but routine maintenance, and normal wear items. 3 sets of brake pads, 2 sets of rotors. 2 sets of shocks and struts. Original alternator failed at 317,000 miles. New battery at 320,000 miles. Purchased Feb. 2011 with 43,000 miles (ex rental car) Mobil 1 oil since my first oil change.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear weedhopr, I'm hoping for the same. I haven't replaced the rear shocks yet, the ride is still very stable. My last set of tires (10k ago) are Goodyear Max-Life and are the best tires I've driven on this little car so far. Did a tranny flush and coolant flush at 100k, late but all good. I always drive a car until they're completely shot and I think that this one may out last me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a 2017 Forte LX with 88,000 miles on it already. Trouble free as far as drive train goes. Regular oil changes with Mobil1 and Mobil1 filter. The ONLY problem I've had is the plug on the blower motor burned and caused the motor not to work. A simple removal of the burned connector and replacement was done by me and ZERO issues with it since. Averaging about 38.5 mpg and the way I drive, I'm not complaining. I don't like to drive slow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts