Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of dropping my car for awhile and now i'm close to making the decision just some issues i would like to know like would it void my warranty, i lived in canada ontario to be exact and i know that my dealer offer the koup sx-r trimmed which comes with the eibach springs and 18 rims..i was wondering since they use eibachs then it would be okay to use it on my sedan maybe as long as i get them to install...The second issue is that i have passengers especially on sunday when i have 5 people on the car, would having the 1.2" drop with that many people on my car cause me any problems especially hitting pot holes or going over bumps.....thanks for the reply.....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine has dealer installed lowering springs, which are covered under factory warranty since they are dealer installed. As far as losing ride height when the car is weighed down; the lowering springs are a bit more stiff, but this could be a real problem.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I had Eibachs on my Dodge Stratus. I know totally different car. My point however is it was a 1.5" drop. I never had a problem with passengers in my car. Never. My front passenger was 6'5" and 298 lbs. Everyone else was of normal weight except me at 135 lbs. The only problem I seemed to ever have with passengers was a loss in breaking. With all that weight you could definitely feel it in the break pedal!

The Eibachs were definitely stiff...Took a few weeks to get used to but I loved the ability to take a corner quite a bit faster. Hope this helps a little bit. In order for them to void warranty they have to be able to prove that installing the springs caused the problem. I don't think they can void warranty on your engine for work you did on your springs and shocks. Can anyone else weigh in on this????

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your inputs, ive Put my order in and I should get it within 3 weeks. I also ordered the camber bolt kit, just wondering if I really need it when I go for an allignment

·
Registered
34 Posts
Did you order Eibach lowering spring ??

If you order the springs through Internet plz post the link of website you ordered from >>..

Thank you ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
I too had the dealer install my eibachs. At first they never mentioned anything about any warranty issues, ( they had the koup in the showroom with the eibachs ) but did let me know before they installed them that all suspension related parts would no longer be covered if I went ahead with the install. I made the argument of the koup with the 'r' package being lowered and was told that the eibachs have since been removed from that package for warranty purposes. At the end of the day I chose to do it anyways just as I have done with all my previous cars. Personally I can't stand too much wheel gap on any vehicle so I am fine with taking the hit if anything does get damaged. That being said I didn't have issues with my last 2 vehicles and eibachs on factory struts although that certainly doesn't mean the factory struts on the forte will hold up the same. Fingers crossed. I do love how it turned out with the inch or so drop though. Good luck with yours and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.