Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just a quick question. I just nite shaded my tail lights, and I probably went a little too dark. I've done this on other cars, and never had a problem, but I got a little carried away on this one.... I'd like to replace the standard bulbs with some bright LED bulbs to make sure others can see me properly from behind.

I understand the standard LED bulbs you might find at most stores are actually not brighter, and maybe less bright than the incandescent bulbs?

Can anybody recommend what type of bright LED I can get and where?

Edit: Haha, I see the banner for Superbrightled.com up top now... Which bulb would be best for me? I don't want to get carried away and be blinding people behind me. I just want good visibility from behind a heavy single coat of niteshades. SMD, 3W or 4W? I'm thinking the BA15 R18-T?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,880 Posts
I don't know about the bulbs you listed in your post...the 1157 LED replacement (1157Rs) are NOT brighter than the original bulbs. I have them in my tail lights now and am disappointed with them.

If you are unable to find a bulb that works you can VERY lightly wet sand the nite shades coating with 1500 grit sandpaper to thin it out...and then clearcoat them.

1157Rs in tail lights:
http://www.forteforums.com/forums/m...sings-very-well-not-sure-i-like-them-yet.html

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
v-leds has a huge sale on right now. Might wanna look over there. I have used v-leds for all my lights.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know about the bulbs you listed in your post...the 1157 LED replacement (1157Rs) are NOT brighter than the original bulbs. I have them in my tail lights now and am disappointed with them.

If you are unable to find a bulb that works you can VERY lightly wet sand the nite shades coating with 1500 grit sandpaper to thin it out...and then clearcoat them.

1157Rs in tail lights:
Kia Forte Forum : Sedan and Forte Koup Forums - ForteSX2.4's Album: ForteSX2.4's Album - Picture
Yeah, when I heard the LED's are less bright... I don't get it. So guys are putting these on just to say "Hey, I got LED's Yo!" ??? I don't really understand it either. I've got a small 3-AAA LED flashlight that blows away my old school 6-D Maglight. Weird.

v-leds has a huge sale on right now. Might wanna look over there. I have used v-leds for all my lights.
How do these actually perform?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts