Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok soo i just bought these from ebay. on ebay they said it was LED strip for the headlights. but on the box is says us for car lamp(interior and exterior)..soooo even tho it says exterior..would it be ok for my headlights? and it has double sided tape...should i put it on my actuall headlight or right below it?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
No link or pics so i dont know what they look like. But it sounds like you should put them below the headlight not AS the headlight.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah dang on my comp it shows pics haha well ya i meant like under..but i mean can i attach the double sided tape directly to the headlight or will ir not stick?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well how so? Im not really understanding where you would stick it to the headlight...and why? lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
So are you saying that you want to put the LED strip on the top portion of the headlight ON the headlight instead of the now-fashionable under the headlight audi look?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha yaa im debating on bot or top..but was wondering if the double sided tape would actually stick the the headlight or will the heat from my headlights make it not work?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
hmm...there is someone on the forum with them on the top AND bottom i think. Y not just put them on top of the headlight NOT on the headlight. Like what u would do on the bottom, but on the top lol

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Im saying that u could most likely open the hood and fit the LED strip on top of the headlight. Prob would be a lot easier then doing it to the bottom cuz u dont have to take the headlight out.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea for the bottom, each headlight needs to be removed, the strip needs to be applied and then the headlight rests on top of the strip. On the top may be easy cuz u dont have to remove the headlights so u should try it!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but the strip dosnt seem that strong..its very flexible lol and it will still just rest right above it? so where do i exactly apply the double sided tape?..cause im thinking about doing both now x)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Well on the bottom its easy cuz u have the weight of the headlight on top of the strip. On the top i cant help u with cuz i dont have it on top i have it on the bottom. I would think that the tape would be strong enough but maybe glue it or use stronger tape.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
On the bottom YES it can. I have them and so do a shitload of people on the forum. It absolutely can handle the weight. Have had them on for months now and still working great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts