Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Tire Guys put snows on the car. I noticed when I got home one of the "cheapest-in-the-world" aluminum stems was banged up pretty good. Valve still works but threads are damaged.

Look on the KiaTechInfo site and it clearly shows how to remove the TPMS sensor....remove the stem..... and replace it.

Call Kia Parts guy.....He says there's no part no. for the stem...need to replace the whole [email protected] $76.00.

I am ready to press the Tire place for the part.....but am I right...??? Why in the name of God can't you just replace the stem...???? It seems to be designed that way......and there is a procedure for it in on the tech site...???

New rule: Watch your stems guyz.....they're chinsy as crap and the tire guys don't really give a sh*t when they're banging the rims around...!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discount Tire in Cumming, GA broke my sister's left front stem completely off while installing the tires on her Acura TL. $200 later at Jackson Acura, it was fixed...on Discount Tire's dime. I see no excuse to treat wheels that way when it's probably easier and takes less energy to NOT thrown them around and damage them.

To answer your question, I'm unaware of a TPMS sensor that has a replaceable valve stem. They WANT you to replace the whole thing, and the battery in the sensor is only good for a few years anyway, and you'll be replacing them for that reason as around 2013 - 2014.

But if a tire shop damaged your valve stem, THEY should be fixing it on their dime.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Yup, and it will stay on until it's fixed. Sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.