Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Enkei EKM3

Votes: 4 13.3%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm currently leaning towards the Konig Illusions (2nd one) but I also like these 2. Curious as to what you guys think.

EDIT: New wheel added to the running: Enkei EKM3's... but I don't know how to add it to the poll. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sidenote: Anyone have any experience with these brands, any come complaints? I know shattered.stars had the illusions on her koup and they look sick.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I am looking at the Lace ones myself.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Konig's a reputable brand. Personally I've never used them but they're very popular. I remember when they first released the "Illusions" it was a big deal at the time. Out of the three go with the Illusions, they look the best.

If you like Konig Rims consider looking at "BBS Rims".

Personally I like machined rims because they look clean, unique and no one has them. I'm still trying to find these exact rims. They're near impossible to find.

http://www.mancando.com/images/Exterior/Body_kit/Forte/Forte_NEFD_Front%20Bumper%201.jpg

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I'm definitely leaning towards Illusions. If the Lace was blacked out I probably would of gone with that. I want to stay away from silver/chromey. Trying to stick to black and blue. Will I be able to remove the TMPS sensor from the stock wheels and put them in these? Or am I going to be riding around without them (Can't afford another $300+ for new sensors)

2,213 Posts
just do yourself a favor.... if you get new rims, dont cheap out on the tires! spend a couple of hundred to a g on tires. dont be like a civic owner and spend $5k on rims and $20 on tires lol

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just do yourself a favor.... if you get new rims, dont cheap out on the tires! spend a couple of hundred to a g on tires. dont be like a civic owner and spend $5k on rims and $20 on tires lol
No worries there. I plan on getting Hankook Ventus V4's I've heard great things about them. Discount Tire Direct has them for $99 each. with a $50 discount for a set.

shattered, sorry to hear about the rock chips. Could you take a picture so I can see what I may have to look forward to if I get these? Overall I've heard good things about Konig but a friend of mine is telling me not to because they bend.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i see alot of people with the first one and last one. be unique get the the konig illusions :)

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
It only happens to the rear. Its because the spokes stick out past the lip which sticks out past the fender. I have the 18 x 8s but I bet this wouldn't happen with the 17 x 7s. My rims aren't usually clean enough to tell that they are chips. Still kind of sucks, only had them for 9 months.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It only happens to the rear. Its because the spokes stick out past the lip which sticks out past the fender. I have the 18 x 8s but I bet this wouldn't happen with the 17 x 7s. My rims aren't usually clean enough to tell that they are chips. Still kind of sucks, only had them for 9 months.
Whatever I end up getting will be 17's. Why do you think it wouldn't happen with them?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Trying to pick the right rims is like Sophie's Choice D=

Also new wheels added to the running. Enkei EKM3's. Check out the first post for picture and let me know what you think.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Konig and Enkei are both great brands, I had Konigs on my Suzuki Aerio like 6 years ago and sold them before I got ride of the car. The guy I sold them to still has them. Also look at 5Zigen, I had Super6's and loved them.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
The Illusions are nice, as everyone has stated, but I like those last Enkeis you put on there. Know of anyone else having those? If not, you'd be a bit more unique in that aspect, since someone else also has the Illusions. Thinking about some Platinum 212 Widows with some Hankook Ventus V12s, myself. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts