Kia Forte Forum banner

Need help to understand if the dealership is overcharging me

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  noturbonoproblem 
Get your car out of the dealership ASAP and take it to a REPUTABLE garage in you area. Brakes for these cars are cheap and very easy to replace. Last year I replaced all four of my rotors and front and rear pads for under $200. Got all my parts from rockauto.com. Dealerships are a bunch of crooks and always try to sell you shit you DO NOT need, just to increase profits. Even if the front pads and rotors alone cost you $200, the labor they want is ridiculous. Get out of there and NEVER, EVER take it back unless it's for a warranty issue. I ordered the Powerstop pads and rotors from rockauto. If you go to their website and look up your car, I'm sure you'll be able to see how badly they're trying to rip you off. And I have no idea what they're saying when they recommend the CLA service. I'm 65 years old and have been working on cars since I was a teenager and have NEVER heard of that. You don't have to use KIA pads or rotors on your car. That's a normal wear item and you won't have a warranty on them anyway.

ChallengingPanda, where do you live? If you're close to Anniston, AL, I'll be happy to do a brake job for you for a lot less than that.

We don't need individual thanks, here. We're not a forum full of narcissists. You just take care of yourself and ask us anytime if something is going on with your car. We will do our best to help you decide what to do and who to get to do it. All you have to do is ask. We're here to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.